Brooklyn Law

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aa220
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

Brooklyn Law

Postby aa220 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:13 pm

hey everyone,
what do you all know about brooklyn law? it's the highest ranked school i got into because i was sick on the day of the LSAT and now i'm thinking i'll go there for a year and then transfer. what do y'all know about transferring from BLS?

also, unrelated, but what is BLS like as a school? are they well connected to law firms and jobs etc? are the people chill?

thanks!

bdole2
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby bdole2 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:21 pm

DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER. (your odds at being able to do so successfully are slim). Do not go unless you would be happy graduating from there. What is your total cost of attendance to attend Brooklyn?

Also, if you think you under-performed on the LSAT, you should probably retake it.

aa220
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby aa220 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm

why is transferring so hard?

bdole2
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby bdole2 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:35 pm

aa220 wrote:why is transferring so hard?


In order to transfer to any school worth transferring to, you will need to at least be in the top 10% of your class. (you have a 90% chance of not being in the top 10% of your class)

Also, transfer students rarely get any kind of scholarship money.

User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby tedalbany » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:39 pm


User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby quiver » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:07 pm

bdole2 wrote:DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.
This. 1000x this. OP, go poke around the transfers forum and see what kind of stats it takes to transfer from a T2 to T14 (usually the lowest transfer that is worth it). You're looking at being at least top 10% probably closer to top 5%. It's fine to have aspirations of transferring but
bdole2 wrote:DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.
bdole2 wrote:DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.
bdole2 wrote:DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.
bdole2 wrote:DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.
bdole2 wrote:DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.
bdole2 wrote:DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby 071816 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:11 pm

aa220 wrote:why is transferring so hard?

I lol'd.


Also, this:
bdole2 wrote:if you think you under-performed on the LSAT, you should probably retake it.

atlas1886
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby atlas1886 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:39 am

I just figured out that people on this forum have no idea how to tell when someone is trolling.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby rad lulz » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:02 am

.
Last edited by rad lulz on Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aa220
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brooklyn Law

Postby aa220 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:06 am

sorry, i'm new to TLS and totally should've gone to the transfer thread before posting. my bad. i'm not trolling though; i am genuinely hoping to transfer. i should've read more before asking a question. anyhow - now i know for next time. thanks.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 7 guests