LSAC Grade Conversion and Summer Courses? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rmkLAWhopeful

New

LSAC Grade Conversion and Summer Courses?

Post by rmkLAWhopeful » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:51 pm

I am taking summer courses (Physics and Mathematics) at a community college this summer so that they do not affect my GPA (as my institution will give me credit if I pass them, but not factor them into my GPA).

However, when LSAC receives my grades, will I have to submit my community college courses to them, and will those grades be converted?

I only want to know because if I am ONLY doing them for credit at my home institution (as they are general education requirements), I will simply go for a passing grade. However, if they factor into LSAC conversion and will affect the GPA sent to the Law Schools I eventually apply to, then I would want to do well in them.

Thank you!

This really changes what I do this summer and how I do it.

yale2011

New

Re: LSAC Grade Conversion and Summer Courses?

Post by yale2011 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Last edited by yale2011 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm

yale2011 wrote:All grades received from U.S. institutions before receipt of the first bachelor's degree are factored into the LSAC GPA.
This. Every grade you received ever before that first degree from any institution of higher learning will count. Don't ever take anything lightly, as it can (and will) bring your GPA down.

rmkLAWhopeful

New

Post by rmkLAWhopeful » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Okay. So I know to take the classes seriously.

What about classes taken abroad? I plan on spending a semester in the UK, where my classes there will transfer for credit at my home institution? How do those grades factor into the LSAC's conversion?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”