Dismissed from T14, want to go back to law school Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Will I get accepted into law school again?

Yes, but you will underperform your stats no matter what happens between now and when you apply
28%
Yes, and your stats could be good predictors but you'll need to wait
24%
No, this sounds like a recipe for a good old-fashioned blacklisting
49%

Total votes: 72

dontbeanidiot

New

Re: Dismissed from T14, want to go back to law school

Post by dontbeanidiot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Last edited by dontbeanidiot on Mon May 14, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm normally against deleting people's threads because they were an idiot in them, but if this kid asks for this one to go away, I think the mods should do this one. Dude: shut the fuck up. This thread isn't helping you. You've made enough connections with people on TLS that you can ask more if you need to. You can also talk to an ethics attorney. Stop talking about this here.

dontbeanidiot

New

Post by dontbeanidiot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Last edited by dontbeanidiot on Mon May 14, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 pm

bjsesq wrote:I'm normally against deleting people's threads because they were an idiot in them, but if this kid asks for this one to go away, I think the mods should do this one. Dude: shut the fuck up. This thread isn't helping you. You've made enough connections with people on TLS that you can ask more if you need to. You can also talk to an ethics attorney. Stop talking about this here.
Gonna go ahead and +1 this. With that out of the way, here's my two cents on your continued dilemma.

You disclose what law school apps ask for. If they don't ask about mental health, you don't talk about it. As far as I can recall, none of my T14 apps ever referenced mental health in any way, and I doubt that's changed. Your psychiatric issues could conceivably come into the picture with respect to your dismissal from NU: apps will ask whether you've been dismissed from anywhere and you'll need to furnish an explanation for what occurred. However, given that NU categorically denies dismissing you for reasons involving mental health, I think it'd be patently ill advised and inappropriate to contradict them by telling your new law school that it was really your suicidal ideation that caused them to send you packing.

This isn't a matter of being dishonest or cagey. It's a matter of answering questions you're asked. If you're not asked about your mental health, you have no obligation to write a superfluous addendum letting the school know you've been treated for psychiatric problems. That's not to say that your problems won't be relevant come C and F time; it's only to say that they'll be relevant in a sense that you'll need to show you're well enough to discharge your duties competently, not because C and F will be pissed you failed to tell lawl schools about things they didn't ask about.

With all that said, you should take bjs's advice, log off TLS for a while and give yourself the time to recover from everything you've been through. You're currently concerning yourself with stuff you yourself say may never actually come to matter since you might not even go back to law school. Focus your energy elsewhere, and good luck to you.

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 pm

I've already said it, but I don't mind repeating it, OP, you must step away from this situation. You are still in shock from no longer being in school so you think your focus should how do i get back to school.. But you have other issues that need your focus now.. You know how many law schools there are ,someone will take you. But you are placing too much of your identity on being a successful student. Let that go and focus pn getting really well and your job.

I wonder if you are posting here as it is a way to stay connected to your old school. Or a way to communicate with the students from there. You need to let that go too, I guess, though I'm sure that if people agree you could PM them. Just don't e disappointed when people don't want to get to caught up in your drama. There is a lot of drama ITT.

You made it a weekend, now try it for a couple of weeks. Or if you post here, post about other stuff, but I think you need to be away from the whole law-related environment.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nigeriansiberian

New

Post by nigeriansiberian » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:25 am

go to LSE and major in economic history. then work for a bank.

cheers

1800calturk

Bronze

Post by 1800calturk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:58 pm

+1 on deleting this whole thread.
Last edited by 1800calturk on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dontbeanidiot

New

Post by dontbeanidiot » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”