GRE Scores + LSAT Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LadyDiabolyn

GRE Scores + LSAT Addendum

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 am

So, I was studying for the GREs at the same time as I was studying for the LSAT. I got a pretty good GRE score, but 160 on the LSAT. Should I update my application to include my GRE info?

Also, my LSAT proctors whispered through the entire thing, but I didn't report it. I'm assuming that including that in the addendum would look petty.

Thoughts?

Ruxin1

Re: GRE Scores + LSAT Addendum

Postby Ruxin1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:12 am

LadyDiabolyn wrote:So, I was studying for the GREs at the same time as I was studying for the LSAT. I got a pretty good GRE score, but 160 on the LSAT. Should I update my application to include my GRE info?

Also, my LSAT proctors whispered through the entire thing, but I didn't report it. I'm assuming that including that in the addendum would look petty.

Thoughts?

The GRE is a lot easier.

Retake ED UVA

LadyDiabolyn

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 am

Yes, I'm strongly leaning towards a retake at this point:( Wish I didn't have to wait another year though... I'm not getting any younger (27 years old).

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 am

LadyDiabolyn wrote:Yes, I'm strongly leaning towards a retake at this point:( Wish I didn't have to wait another year though... I'm not getting any younger (27 years old).

Do not include gre scores. Retake, get higher score, if you must include addendum explaining lower score briefly explain you were studying for gre at same time but I wouldn't address it. Lots of ppl improve greatly between scores, no need for addendum

LadyDiabolyn

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:11 am

Br3v wrote:
LadyDiabolyn wrote:Yes, I'm strongly leaning towards a retake at this point:( Wish I didn't have to wait another year though... I'm not getting any younger (27 years old).

Do not include gre scores. Retake, get higher score, if you must include addendum explaining lower score briefly explain you were studying for gre at same time but I wouldn't address it. Lots of ppl improve greatly between scores, no need for addendum

Thanks!

taxguy

Postby taxguy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:33 am

LadyDiabolyn wrote:So, I was studying for the GREs at the same time as I was studying for the LSAT. I got a pretty good GRE score, but 160 on the LSAT. Should I update my application to include my GRE info?

Thoughts?

Your GRE score is meaningless.You need to understand why law schools place such as great emphasis on the LSAT. I'll give you a hint: Most admission representatives will privately tell you that the correlation between LSAT scores and law school GPA isn't that compelling. There are many more outliers, which is why many of the people who get scholarships based on their LSAT score end up losing those scholarships. Thus, why the heavy emphasis on LSAT and not the GRE or other tests? Answer: RANKINGS. The LSAT is a big factor in the rankings...period. Law schools proudly play their average LSAT scores up to law forms in order to get more recruiting. Since the GRE doesn't figure into the rankings, it is an irrelevant exam.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”