Cornell/NU LOCI?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby TLS_noobie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:36 am

Numbers: 3.25/167

I am way out in left field with no chance. But, NU has put me on hold and Cornell has yet to send a verdict. With little else to do with my life/time, would it be wise to send a LOCI their way? I also intend on retaking in June (with the intention of sitting out a cycle if I do much better this time around). Would it be wise to mention this in the LOCI? Could this have potential of throwing me on a wait list until after the retake perhaps?

I'm really just spit-ballin' here. These schools are outta my league as is, but maybe with the intention of retaking they will give me some leeway and throw me on a waitlist? Does anyone have experience similar to this?

Thanks,
TLS_noobie

t14fanboy
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby t14fanboy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:46 am

You want to get on the waitlist? This post makes no sense.

User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby TLS_noobie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:49 am

t14fanboy wrote:You want to get on the waitlist? This post makes no sense.


Sorry, I will clarify. I figure I have no chance right now and rejection is imminent but if I let them know I am retaking in June could they say "alright, we will throw you on the waitlist and we will see what happens after June"? It is a long shot, and I guess it is unlikely, but just wondering if anyone else has had an experience similar to this where it worked/didn't work. The goal would be to avoid taking a year off if I do significantly better on the LSAT.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 am

Score a 170 on the June LSAT.

User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby TLS_noobie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:00 am

Desert Fox wrote:Score a 170 on the June LSAT.


Well, this will obviously boost my chances the following year but will it help me at all this cycle? I am thinking I could, at the very least, use a higher score (170+) as a bargaining chip for schools I have already been admitted to, but what about schools like Cornell and NU where I have no verdict as of yet?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:04 am

TLS_noobie wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Score a 170 on the June LSAT.


Well, this will obviously boost my chances the following year but will it help me at all this cycle? I am thinking I could, at the very least, use a higher score (170+) as a bargaining chip for schools I have already been admitted to, but what about schools like Cornell and NU where I have no verdict as of yet?


Tell them you are retaking and would like a shot then. I don't think 3.25/167 has a shot at either school.

Otherwise always be wustlin'

User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby TLS_noobie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:40 am

Desert Fox wrote:
TLS_noobie wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Score a 170 on the June LSAT.


Well, this will obviously boost my chances the following year but will it help me at all this cycle? I am thinking I could, at the very least, use a higher score (170+) as a bargaining chip for schools I have already been admitted to, but what about schools like Cornell and NU where I have no verdict as of yet?


Tell them you are retaking and would like a shot then. I don't think 3.25/167 has a shot at either school.

Otherwise always be wustlin'


I am fairly certain TITCR. haha

User avatar
johansantana21
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby johansantana21 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 am

You can try, but those #'s have no chance of getting into either school.

User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Cornell/NU LOCI?

Postby TLS_noobie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 am

johansantana21 wrote:You can try, but those #'s have no chance of getting into either school.


Yeah, I figured this from the get-go. The plan is just gonna be to retake in June and hope for the best with this cycle, but probably end up sitting out till next year. Make some duckets, nab some WE, and plop myself on an ED UVA app (that is if my LSAT score is 170+); or so my grand delusions tell me.....




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], spqr351, Why??? and 6 guests