My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby TLS_noobie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:29 pm

SplitLife wrote:
TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....


Yes you are the only one. You've never heard any admittance stories of applicants being accepted to Harvard based on Daddy's bank account/friends?


Touche. ;)

SplitLife wrote:
EXACTLY! :)
Someone actually gets it, thank goodness!!
I believe I've been using the word "formality" for several posts now, I guess I didn't state the situation clearly enough.

The dean said "try" to get closer to our median, and if you do well enough, we may even offer you some scholarship money, if not, then you're in at sticker.


Pretty sure Harvard takes their medians a bit more seriously though...

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:35 pm

So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:01 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


It worked for my GF and I. Will it work for anyone ever again, I don't know.

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby I.P. Daly » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:25 pm

SplitLife wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


It worked for my GF and I. Will it work for anyone ever again, I don't know.



It might be because law school applications are down dramatically from previous years, across the board. The school knows your girlfriend will attend, so it helps their admissions statistics, as it's one less person they have to take a gamble on off the waitlist. Also, it might help the statistics even more if she gets a higher LSAT score. It's a win-win for the school.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:31 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


If you put it so bluntly it sounds ridiculous, but if actually think about what he has said, it makes a bit of sense. A way of getting off of wait lists, everyone agrees, is by showing that you would truly attend the school if they take you off the wait-list. She showed that she had serious ties to the school and would attend if taken off the WL. Having a SO at the school actually gives credence to that claim, as opposed to just saying "school X is my number one choice," which conceivably you could say to every school you are WL'd at. I guess the part that is weird if the LSAT thing, but other than that, his story seems imminently reasonable, although given the general skepticism, maybe I'm missing something.

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:58 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


If you put it so bluntly it sounds ridiculous, but if actually think about what he has said, it makes a bit of sense. A way of getting off of wait lists, everyone agrees, is by showing that you would truly attend the school if they take you off the wait-list. She showed that she had serious ties to the school and would attend if taken off the WL. Having a SO at the school actually gives credence to that claim, as opposed to just saying "school X is my number one choice," which conceivably you could say to every school you are WL'd at. I guess the part that is weird if the LSAT thing, but other than that, his story seems imminently reasonable, although given the general skepticism, maybe I'm missing something.


You're not missing anything, people are retarded. It makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately people are too busy hating on the situation rather than appreciating it.
In the above quote, its not even put bluntly, just straight taken out of context and twisted into something I never said...ASSUMPTION...sad :(

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:59 am

I.P. Daly wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


It worked for my GF and I. Will it work for anyone ever again, I don't know.



It might be because law school applications are down dramatically from previous years, across the board. The school knows your girlfriend will attend, so it helps their admissions statistics, as it's one less person they have to take a gamble on off the waitlist. Also, it might help the statistics even more if she gets a higher LSAT score. It's a win-win for the school.


Exactly. There is hope for TLS...

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 am

SplitLife wrote:
You're not missing anything, people are retarded. It makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately people are too busy hating on the situation rather than appreciating it.
In the above quote, its not even put bluntly, just straight taken out of context and twisted into something I never said...ASSUMPTION...sad :(



Orly?

From the OP:

SplitLife wrote:I just wanted to post this because I thought it was interesting and may be helpful to others.


Hm..helpful implies that you believe your story "My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!" my assist others in . . . baking cookies? No. Wearing suspenders for the first time? No. Applying to law school? Yes.

SplitLife wrote:If you find yourself in a similar situation, try it, you may be thankful! :D


Then, you reiterate your argument.

SplitLife wrote:It is annoying though when all I'm trying to do is share some of our excitement (after having mentioned repeatedly that this thread is in no way about a TOP school) and simply relay ONE story/ unorthodox method of admission.


And, finally, you conclude your argument by stating that although it is "unorthodox" it is still a way in which one might be able to gain admission.

Hth.




So, when I [one of the retarded people you're referring to] asked if "you created this thread because you think that your situation is a viable way to secure admission" you think I'm taking things out of context? I do hope I have provided enough context now, and that my question is not overly blunt or twisted, cause I wouldn't want to do that.

rwhyAn
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby rwhyAn » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:15 am

If this is true, or if your girlfriend believes this to be true, I'd definitely be cashing in on this opportunity to get some (lots of) BJs! I mean you did get her into law school after all; that's the least she could do to make it up to you.

User avatar
Jaeger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Jaeger » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:54 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
You're not missing anything, people are retarded. It makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately people are too busy hating on the situation rather than appreciating it.
In the above quote, its not even put bluntly, just straight taken out of context and twisted into something I never said...ASSUMPTION...sad :(



Orly?

From the OP:

SplitLife wrote:I just wanted to post this because I thought it was interesting and may be helpful to others.


Hm..helpful implies that you believe your story "My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!" my assist others in . . . baking cookies? No. Wearing suspenders for the first time? No. Applying to law school? Yes.

SplitLife wrote:If you find yourself in a similar situation, try it, you may be thankful! :D


Then, you reiterate your argument.

SplitLife wrote:It is annoying though when all I'm trying to do is share some of our excitement (after having mentioned repeatedly that this thread is in no way about a TOP school) and simply relay ONE story/ unorthodox method of admission.


And, finally, you conclude your argument by stating that although it is "unorthodox" it is still a way in which one might be able to gain admission.

Hth.




So, when I [one of the retarded people you're referring to] asked if "you created this thread because you think that your situation is a viable way to secure admission" you think I'm taking things out of context? I do hope I have provided enough context now, and that my question is not overly blunt or twisted, cause I wouldn't want to do that.


You may not be taking things out of context, but you're certainly blowing them out of proportion.

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby I.P. Daly » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:08 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


Might help get someone off the waitlist...

"I'm going to law school in the fall. I'd like to attend school with my fiance, who's been accepted at your school. However, I've been waitlisted by this school. If I don't have a shot at getting off the wailist, I need to make other arrangements regarding school (i.e., moving to another city). If I get off the wailist, it's guaranteed that I will attend this school. Do I have a shot at being accepted off the waitlist?"

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby seancris » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:32 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


Might help get someone off the waitlist...

"I'm going to law school in the fall. I'd like to attend school with my fiance, who's been accepted at your school. However, I've been waitlisted by this school. If I don't have a shot at getting off the wailist, I need to make other arrangements regarding school (i.e., moving to another city). If I get off the wailist, it's guaranteed that I will attend this school. Do I have a shot at being accepted off the waitlist?"


Double leverage if you have the admitted partner write the email and talk about needing to make other arrangements if the fiance doesn't get an admit offer.

And if this works anywhere (questionable) it would only work at TTTTs that shouldn't have waitlists. If you're ever in this situation, you need to rethink lawl school.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Geneva » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:43 pm

seancris wrote:


Double leverage if you have the admitted partner write the email and talk about needing to make other arrangements if the fiance doesn't get an admit offer.

And if this works anywhere (questionable) it would only work at TTTTs that shouldn't have waitlists. If you're ever in this situation, you need to rethink lawl school.

I do know that residency programs have been known to take SOs into account when deciding who to accept. I don't think it would only work at TTTTs, but would be a function of how much the school wanted the admitted student+how the credentials of the WL student would affect their class (*cough* ranking). I don't see this working at the very top schools, but wouldn't be surprised to see it happen at schools that are still technically T1 but lower ranked (T40ish and on)?
Also, I think TLS overestimates the extent to which JD students consider rank when making school decisions. Other factors, such as family/SOs, can be more of a priority than people on here seem to think. I know someone who transferred "down" law schools in order to go to the same law school his SO was going to in another state across the country.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:17 pm

seancris wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


Might help get someone off the waitlist...

"I'm going to law school in the fall. I'd like to attend school with my fiance, who's been accepted at your school. However, I've been waitlisted by this school. If I don't have a shot at getting off the wailist, I need to make other arrangements regarding school (i.e., moving to another city). If I get off the wailist, it's guaranteed that I will attend this school. Do I have a shot at being accepted off the waitlist?"


Double leverage if you have the admitted partner write the email and talk about needing to make other arrangements if the fiance doesn't get an admit offer.

And if this works anywhere (questionable) it would only work at TTTTs that shouldn't have waitlists. If you're ever in this situation, you need to rethink lawl school.


That is bullshit. It's a very strong indication that you will attend off the waitlist, which any school with a waitlist need to see. Sure, some school yield rates are going to be sky high for the people they offer spots off the WL (HYS come to mind), but many schools (including T14's) can have some difficulty in determining who will accept a spot off the WL. Not everyone writes LOCI's and many people write LOCI's to every school that they've been WL'd at. You can do a strong sell that you will attend by saying something like: my partner works in city X and would prefer not to move or my partner will be attending your school and we would like to be in the same location.

Now, would this exact situation play out at a T14 (really low LSAT score and really honest admissions person)? Probably not to that extent (but who knows, if they really like the admitted partner and they're worried the couple might go elsewhere, it's always possible), but to think that this sort of information would not be helpful in getting someone off a WL is just wrong.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Geneva » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
seancris wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:So...I just want to make sure I have this straight...

You created this thread because you think that your situation (having an SO use the other person to gain admission to a law school) is a viable way to secure admission?


Might help get someone off the waitlist...

"I'm going to law school in the fall. I'd like to attend school with my fiance, who's been accepted at your school. However, I've been waitlisted by this school. If I don't have a shot at getting off the wailist, I need to make other arrangements regarding school (i.e., moving to another city). If I get off the wailist, it's guaranteed that I will attend this school. Do I have a shot at being accepted off the waitlist?"


Double leverage if you have the admitted partner write the email and talk about needing to make other arrangements if the fiance doesn't get an admit offer.

And if this works anywhere (questionable) it would only work at TTTTs that shouldn't have waitlists. If you're ever in this situation, you need to rethink lawl school.


That is bullshit. It's a very strong indication that you will attend off the waitlist, which any school with a waitlist need to see. Sure, some school yield rates are going to be sky high for the people they offer spots off the WL (HYS come to mind), but many schools (including T14's) can have some difficulty in determining who will accept a spot off the WL. Not everyone writes LOCI's and many people write LOCI's to every school that they've been WL'd at. You can do a strong sell that you will attend by saying something like: my partner works in city X and would prefer not to move or my partner will be attending your school and we would like to be in the same location.

Now, would this exact situation play out at a T14 (really low LSAT score and really honest admissions person)? Probably not to that extent (but who knows, if they really like the admitted partner and they're worried the couple might go elsewhere, it's always possible), but to think that this sort of information would not be helpful in getting someone off a WL is just wrong.


TITCR

doclover
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby doclover » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:25 am

SplitLife wrote:
TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....


Yes you are the only one. You've never heard any admittance stories of applicants being accepted to Harvard based on Daddy's bank account/friends?


I know someone (well, I might add) who got into a T3 business school based on grandpa's bank account (strong arming) and got a coveted finance gig based soley on Daddy's friends.

I wouldn't trust any of these "institutions of higher learning" to be above the fray after watching how it really goes down first hand.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:05 pm

SplitLife wrote:
TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....


Yes you are the only one. You've never heard any admittance stories of applicants being accepted to Harvard based on Daddy's bank account/friends?

Seriously. Many, many people on this site either ignore or are ignorant of the fact that your network/connections are the most important attribute to your job search. Grades and school reputation matter. There is no denying that. But realize that the adage of "it's not what you know, it's who you know" still and will always ring true. How many interviews did I get through my career services office at my school? Two. How many did I get through the contacts I made while caddying over the past seven summers? Nine, with nine offers.

User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby TLS_noobie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....


Yes you are the only one. You've never heard any admittance stories of applicants being accepted to Harvard based on Daddy's bank account/friends?

Seriously. Many, many people on this site either ignore or are ignorant of the fact that your network/connections are the most important attribute to your job search. Grades and school reputation matter. There is no denying that. But realize that the adage of "it's not what you know, it's who you know" still and will always ring true. How many interviews did I get through my career services office at my school? Two. How many did I get through the contacts I made while caddying over the past seven summers? Nine, with nine offers.


You certainly speak the truth. I am just skeptical that there is that much of a similarity between: being super-rich/knowing an admissions committee member versus being intimately involved with a recently admitted prospective student. Making this comparison and then lifting the scope to overall job search kind of loses relevance to the OP. But, with that said, there have been some pretty good arguments about how someone could get off the WL if they can prove that they are committed to the school (and that makes sense). I just still think it is strange that the LSAT needs to be retaken just as a formality. Either way, this thread has provided some fun reading and I am pretty excited about hearing the verdict haha.

If it is true, good luck OP, I wish you and your girlfriend the best of luck. :)

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:15 pm

TLS_noobie wrote:I just still think it is strange that the LSAT needs to be retaken just as a formality.


Reporting to US News...

User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby TLS_noobie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:37 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:
TLS_noobie wrote:I just still think it is strange that the LSAT needs to be retaken just as a formality.


Reporting to US News...


Exactly, and I don't understand why they wouldn't make admission contingent on her doing better on the LSAT (for US news purposes), rather than saying she has to take it merely as a formality and the grade really doesn't matter (because if she has already taken it then there shouldn't be a protocol like this for US News at least; the only thing that should matter for the school for reporting to US News is a high LSAT score). "Try to get closer to the median" sounds like she can just sit for the LSAT and her performance has relatively no affect on her admission, it is just a "formality." This has been mentioned in previous comments though and there has been some questions about whether OP may have misunderstood the adcomm's decision and perhaps they said that she can be taken off the WL if she gets closer to the median on the LSAT retake. This sounds more believable but, at the same time, I do concede that it is possible to be taken off the WL if she shows enough commitment to the school...but to make her sit for the LSAT again doesn't make much sense to me unless her admission is contingent on a higher score.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Geetar Man » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Tl;dr: what was your gf's LSAT to begin with?

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Her LSAT score is irrelevant.

I will keep everyone posted on what happens, we're expecting an acceptance packet sometime early this week.

I'm not misunderstanding anything. The Dean said to me over the phone, "She's admitted, we would just like her to take the LSAT once more time and try to get closer to our median." She's 6 points below the median as of now.

It almost seems to me like: Okay, we'll take you at sticker as a favor to allow you to be with your bf (lets not forget, they still want me, and a $500 seat deposit isn't a huge commitment from me considering what I'll be committing to my future legal education overall) and as a favor to us, try to do better so we can save some face with our admissions statistics for next year's class.
It's almost like they are trying to cut their losses short, but can afford to live with it if they dont end up doing so.

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:50 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
You're not missing anything, people are retarded. It makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately people are too busy hating on the situation rather than appreciating it.
In the above quote, its not even put bluntly, just straight taken out of context and twisted into something I never said...ASSUMPTION...sad :(



Orly?

From the OP:

SplitLife wrote:I just wanted to post this because I thought it was interesting and may be helpful to others.


Hm..helpful implies that you believe your story "My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!" my assist others in . . . baking cookies? No. Wearing suspenders for the first time? No. Applying to law school? Yes.

SplitLife wrote:If you find yourself in a similar situation, try it, you may be thankful! :D


Then, you reiterate your argument.

SplitLife wrote:It is annoying though when all I'm trying to do is share some of our excitement (after having mentioned repeatedly that this thread is in no way about a TOP school) and simply relay ONE story/ unorthodox method of admission.


And, finally, you conclude your argument by stating that although it is "unorthodox" it is still a way in which one might be able to gain admission.

Hth.




So, when I [one of the retarded people you're referring to] asked if "you created this thread because you think that your situation is a viable way to secure admission" you think I'm taking things out of context? I do hope I have provided enough context now, and that my question is not overly blunt or twisted, cause I wouldn't want to do that.


I apologize for being so harsh, I guess I was frustrated with the fact that people thought I made this whole thing up. Furthermore, I always equated the word 'viable' with 'practical,' which to me is a lot stronger than 'feasible.' So in correction, my answer to your question is yes. Only because it worked for my GF and I.

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Geneva wrote:
seancris wrote:


Double leverage if you have the admitted partner write the email and talk about needing to make other arrangements if the fiance doesn't get an admit offer.

And if this works anywhere (questionable) it would only work at TTTTs that shouldn't have waitlists. If you're ever in this situation, you need to rethink lawl school.

I do know that residency programs have been known to take SOs into account when deciding who to accept. I don't think it would only work at TTTTs, but would be a function of how much the school wanted the admitted student+how the credentials of the WL student would affect their class (*cough* ranking). I don't see this working at the very top schools, but wouldn't be surprised to see it happen at schools that are still technically T1 but lower ranked (T40ish and on)?
Also, I think TLS overestimates the extent to which JD students consider rank when making school decisions. Other factors, such as family/SOs, can be more of a priority than people on here seem to think. I know someone who transferred "down" law schools in order to go to the same law school his SO was going to in another state across the country.


Seancris, have you read the rest of the thread? It worked for us at a non-TTTT...

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:55 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....


Yes you are the only one. You've never heard any admittance stories of applicants being accepted to Harvard based on Daddy's bank account/friends?

Seriously. Many, many people on this site either ignore or are ignorant of the fact that your network/connections are the most important attribute to your job search. Grades and school reputation matter. There is no denying that. But realize that the adage of "it's not what you know, it's who you know" still and will always ring true. How many interviews did I get through my career services office at my school? Two. How many did I get through the contacts I made while caddying over the past seven summers? Nine, with nine offers.


Precisely!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests