My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 am

SplitLife wrote:
Geneva wrote:i think it could be an offer. the school has to make the girl go through the formality of attempting the lsat again in order to comply w/ admission policies. however, if the condition of the offer (which she accepted by putting down her deposit) was simply that she take the test again and "try" to get closer to the median, her only obligation is to show up and pretend to care.


EXACTLY! :)
Someone actually gets it, thank goodness!!
I believe I've been using the word "formality" for several posts now, I guess I didn't state the situation clearly enough.

The dean said "try" to get closer to our median, and if you do well enough, we may even offer you some scholarship money, if not, then you're in at sticker.


Haha yeah, some people seem to not understand that law school admissions officers are human beings too. Geez.

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 am

Geneva wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
Geneva wrote:i think it could be an offer. the school has to make the girl go through the formality of attempting the lsat again in order to comply w/ admission policies. however, if the condition of the offer (which she accepted by putting down her deposit) was simply that she take the test again and "try" to get closer to the median, her only obligation is to show up and pretend to care.


EXACTLY! :)
Someone actually gets it, thank goodness!!
I believe I've been using the word "formality" for several posts now, I guess I didn't state the situation clearly enough.

The dean said "try" to get closer to our median, and if you do well enough, we may even offer you some scholarship money, if not, then you're in at sticker.


Haha yeah, some people seem to not understand that law school admissions officers are human beings too. Geez.


Well I'm sure they are all used to reading and writing posts about TOP Law Schools (T-14) or whatever, and I understand this forum is called TLS so I don't blame people too much.
It is annoying though when all I'm trying to do is share some of our excitement (after having mentioned repeatedly that this thread is in no way about a TOP school) and simply relay ONE story/ unorthodox method of admission.

bobbyh1919
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby bobbyh1919 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:39 am

SplitLife wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
bobbyh1919 wrote:I kind of feel bad for the poor soul who was riding the waitlist at this school and won't wind up getting in because....they weren't dating a member of the incoming class.


Who may have been saved from paying sticker at a TTT? Nothing to feel bad about.


Exactly.


So you feel bad for anyone paying sticker at a TTT, yet you're excited that your GF is?

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:58 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:So you feel bad for anyone paying sticker at a TTT, yet you're excited that your GF is?


You mean fiance. lolz.

User avatar
Kikero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Kikero » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:59 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
bobbyh1919 wrote:I kind of feel bad for the poor soul who was riding the waitlist at this school and won't wind up getting in because....they weren't dating a member of the incoming class.


Who may have been saved from paying sticker at a TTT? Nothing to feel bad about.


Exactly.


So you feel bad for anyone paying sticker at a TTT, yet you're excited that your GF is?



TT. Get your facts straight. :roll:

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:39 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
bobbyh1919 wrote:I kind of feel bad for the poor soul who was riding the waitlist at this school and won't wind up getting in because....they weren't dating a member of the incoming class.


Who may have been saved from paying sticker at a TTT? Nothing to feel bad about.


Exactly.


So you feel bad for anyone paying sticker at a TTT, yet you're excited that your GF is?


No.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby splitbrain » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:50 am

This thread makes me want to light myself on fire.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:58 am

splitbrain wrote:This thread makes me want to light myself on fire.

i feel the same way. every time i see a new comment i shudder. oh well, more opp to thrive in the legal profession if this is the competition;) jk y'all.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby vpintz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:00 pm

splitbrain wrote:This thread makes me want to light myself on fire.

"it just makes me want to set myself on fire."
Image

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby dresden doll » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:05 pm

t14fanboy wrote:Because we here at TLS wallow in asinine shit.


This should be the tagline for this entire board.

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Geneva wrote:
splitbrain wrote:This thread makes me want to light myself on fire.

i feel the same way. every time i see a new comment i shudder. oh well, more opp to thrive in the legal profession if this is the competition;) jk y'all.


This is what I'm thinking :)

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Ludo! » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Geneva wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
Geneva wrote:i think it could be an offer. the school has to make the girl go through the formality of attempting the lsat again in order to comply w/ admission policies. however, if the condition of the offer (which she accepted by putting down her deposit) was simply that she take the test again and "try" to get closer to the median, her only obligation is to show up and pretend to care.


EXACTLY! :)
Someone actually gets it, thank goodness!!
I believe I've been using the word "formality" for several posts now, I guess I didn't state the situation clearly enough.

The dean said "try" to get closer to our median, and if you do well enough, we may even offer you some scholarship money, if not, then you're in at sticker.


Haha yeah, some people seem to not understand that law school admissions officers are human beings too. Geez.


Did you miss the part where he posted U MAD? six times

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
Geneva wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
Geneva wrote:i think it could be an offer. the school has to make the girl go through the formality of attempting the lsat again in order to comply w/ admission policies. however, if the condition of the offer (which she accepted by putting down her deposit) was simply that she take the test again and "try" to get closer to the median, her only obligation is to show up and pretend to care.


EXACTLY! :)
Someone actually gets it, thank goodness!!
I believe I've been using the word "formality" for several posts now, I guess I didn't state the situation clearly enough.

The dean said "try" to get closer to our median, and if you do well enough, we may even offer you some scholarship money, if not, then you're in at sticker.


Haha yeah, some people seem to not understand that law school admissions officers are human beings too. Geez.


Did you miss the part where he posted U MAD? six times


Your point is...? (5 times btw...)

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby paratactical » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Two TLSers tried to pull the fiancé card last year when one was on a waitlist. It did not work.

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 pm

paratactical wrote:Two TLSers tried to pull the fiancé card last year when one was on a waitlist. It did not work.


Interesting. Do you know where at?

It worked for us...at a tier 2 school...all I'm sayin...

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 pm

paratactical wrote:Two TLSers tried to pull the fiancé card last year when one was on a waitlist. It did not work.


Actually, this did work my cycle (07-08). A guy got off WL at Vandy in large part because of his then girlfriend. I doubt the dude was six points below LSAT median though...

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 pm

woeisme wrote:
paratactical wrote:Two TLSers tried to pull the fiancé card last year when one was on a waitlist. It did not work.


Actually, this did work my cycle (07-08). A guy got off WL at Vandy in large part because of his then girlfriend. I doubt the dude was six points below LSAT median though...


Please don't flame this thread you troll.

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:03 pm

SplitLife wrote:
Please don't flame this thread you troll.


Hahahaha wtf

User avatar
TLS_noobie
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby TLS_noobie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Ludo! » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:07 pm

woeisme wrote:
paratactical wrote:Two TLSers tried to pull the fiancé card last year when one was on a waitlist. It did not work.


Actually, this did work my cycle (07-08). A guy got off WL at Vandy in large part because of his then girlfriend. I doubt the dude was six points below LSAT median though...


Did the guy have some bizarre under the table handshake agreement to retake the LSAT and try real hard to score better?

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Did the guy have some bizarre under the table handshake agreement to retake the LSAT and try real hard to score better?


Haha, I don't think so.

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:24 pm

woeisme wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
Please don't flame this thread you troll.


Hahahaha wtf


Lol I was jk, being sarcastic since everyone has been calling me a troll/flame for creating an OP so PREPOSTEROUS...

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm

TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....


then i guess u might want to change professions
Last edited by Geneva on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SplitLife
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 pm

TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....


Yes you are the only one. You've never heard any admittance stories of applicants being accepted to Harvard based on Daddy's bank account/friends?

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby splitbrain » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Image




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bertrose, ssolli and 6 guests