My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Geneva

Re: My GF just got admitted because... ...she's my GF?!

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 am

SplitLife wrote:
Geneva wrote:i think it could be an offer. the school has to make the girl go through the formality of attempting the lsat again in order to comply w/ admission policies. however, if the condition of the offer (which she accepted by putting down her deposit) was simply that she take the test again and "try" to get closer to the median, her only obligation is to show up and pretend to care.

EXACTLY! :)
Someone actually gets it, thank goodness!!
I believe I've been using the word "formality" for several posts now, I guess I didn't state the situation clearly enough.

The dean said "try" to get closer to our median, and if you do well enough, we may even offer you some scholarship money, if not, then you're in at sticker.

Haha yeah, some people seem to not understand that law school admissions officers are human beings too. Geez.

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 am

Geneva wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
Geneva wrote:i think it could be an offer. the school has to make the girl go through the formality of attempting the lsat again in order to comply w/ admission policies. however, if the condition of the offer (which she accepted by putting down her deposit) was simply that she take the test again and "try" to get closer to the median, her only obligation is to show up and pretend to care.

I believe I've been using the word "formality" for several posts now, I guess I didn't state the situation clearly enough.

The dean said "try" to get closer to our median, and if you do well enough, we may even offer you some scholarship money, if not, then you're in at sticker.

Haha yeah, some people seem to not understand that law school admissions officers are human beings too. Geez.

Well I'm sure they are all used to reading and writing posts about TOP Law Schools (T-14) or whatever, and I understand this forum is called TLS so I don't blame people too much.
It is annoying though when all I'm trying to do is share some of our excitement (after having mentioned repeatedly that this thread is in no way about a TOP school) and simply relay ONE story/ unorthodox method of admission.

bobbyh1919

Postby bobbyh1919 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:39 am

SplitLife wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
bobbyh1919 wrote:I kind of feel bad for the poor soul who was riding the waitlist at this school and won't wind up getting in because....they weren't dating a member of the incoming class.

Who may have been saved from paying sticker at a TTT? Nothing to feel bad about.

Exactly.

So you feel bad for anyone paying sticker at a TTT, yet you're excited that your GF is?

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:58 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:So you feel bad for anyone paying sticker at a TTT, yet you're excited that your GF is?

You mean fiance. lolz.

Kikero

Postby Kikero » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:59 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
bobbyh1919 wrote:I kind of feel bad for the poor soul who was riding the waitlist at this school and won't wind up getting in because....they weren't dating a member of the incoming class.

Who may have been saved from paying sticker at a TTT? Nothing to feel bad about.

Exactly.

So you feel bad for anyone paying sticker at a TTT, yet you're excited that your GF is?

TT. Get your facts straight. :roll:

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:39 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:
SplitLife wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:

Exactly.

No.

splitbrain

Postby splitbrain » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:50 am

This thread makes me want to light myself on fire.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:58 am

splitbrain wrote:This thread makes me want to light myself on fire.

i feel the same way. every time i see a new comment i shudder. oh well, more opp to thrive in the legal profession if this is the competition;) jk y'all.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:00 pm

"it just makes me want to set myself on fire."

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:05 pm

t14fanboy wrote:Because we here at TLS wallow in asinine shit.

This should be the tagline for this entire board.

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Geneva wrote:

i feel the same way. every time i see a new comment i shudder. oh well, more opp to thrive in the legal profession if this is the competition;) jk y'all.

This is what I'm thinking :)

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Geneva wrote:
SplitLife wrote:

Did you miss the part where he posted U MAD? six times

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
Geneva wrote:
SplitLife wrote:

Did you miss the part where he posted U MAD? six times

Your point is...? (5 times btw...)

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Two TLSers tried to pull the fiancé card last year when one was on a waitlist. It did not work.

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 pm

paratactical wrote:Two TLSers tried to pull the fiancé card last year when one was on a waitlist. It did not work.

Interesting. Do you know where at?

It worked for us...at a tier 2 school...all I'm sayin...

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 pm

paratactical wrote:Two TLSers tried to pull the fiancé card last year when one was on a waitlist. It did not work.

Actually, this did work my cycle (07-08). A guy got off WL at Vandy in large part because of his then girlfriend. I doubt the dude was six points below LSAT median though...

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 pm

woeisme wrote:

Actually, this did work my cycle (07-08). A guy got off WL at Vandy in large part because of his then girlfriend. I doubt the dude was six points below LSAT median though...

Please don't flame this thread you troll.

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:03 pm

SplitLife wrote:

Hahahaha wtf

TLS_noobie

Postby TLS_noobie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:07 pm

woeisme wrote:

Did the guy have some bizarre under the table handshake agreement to retake the LSAT and try real hard to score better?

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Did the guy have some bizarre under the table handshake agreement to retake the LSAT and try real hard to score better?

Haha, I don't think so.

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:24 pm

woeisme wrote:
SplitLife wrote:

Hahahaha wtf

Lol I was jk, being sarcastic since everyone has been calling me a troll/flame for creating an OP so PREPOSTEROUS...

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm

TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....

then i guess u might want to change professions
Last edited by Geneva on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SplitLife

Postby SplitLife » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 pm

TLS_noobie wrote:Am I the only one wondering how this may affect the perceived academic integrity of the institution if this is actually true? I would certainly be wary of going to an institution that's admissions standards were lenient enough to allow this....

Yes you are the only one. You've never heard any admittance stories of applicants being accepted to Harvard based on Daddy's bank account/friends?

splitbrain

Postby splitbrain » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”