What's the right way to....

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

What's the right way to....

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:34 pm

What's the right way to tell a school that they're #1 and would for sure attend if offered admission? I'm writing a LOCI to a school I'm waitlisted at. I feel like it needs to be said but I also don't want to come across as desperate or not genuine with my statement. I really would 100% attend this school if offered admission.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: What's the right way to....

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 pm

noleknight16 wrote:What's the right way to tell a school that they're #1 and would for sure attend if offered admission? I'm writing a LOCI to a school I'm waitlisted at. I feel like it needs to be said but I also don't want to come across as desperate or not genuine with my statement. I really would 100% attend this school if offered admission.


What if, perhaps, you could retake the LSAT and guarantee admission. Is this possible for you?

Lastly, why didn't you apply ED, if thats the school you wanted the most?

Sorry, I was just throwing that stuff out there. I think if you're going to write a LOCI, make sure to not sound too desperate and you can do this by being short but sweet.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: What's the right way to....

Postby Dany » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Just say that they are your first choice and if admitted you'll certainly attend. They probably already know you're desperate.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: What's the right way to....

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:What's the right way to tell a school that they're #1 and would for sure attend if offered admission? I'm writing a LOCI to a school I'm waitlisted at. I feel like it needs to be said but I also don't want to come across as desperate or not genuine with my statement. I really would 100% attend this school if offered admission.


What if, perhaps, you could retake the LSAT and guarantee admission. Is this possible for you?

Lastly, why didn't you apply ED, if thats the school you wanted the most?

Sorry, I was just throwing that stuff out there. I think if you're going to write a LOCI, make sure to not sound too desperate and you can do this by being short but sweet.


Unfortunately, a retake is no longer available to me. I took 3 LSATs. My first LSAT had a documented issue and it really threw me off (bag pipes played amazing grace outside the testing room), but I never contacted LSAC and just rolled with it. Maybe they'd let me go for a 4th try?

Also, no ED for this school

User avatar
danielhay11
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: What's the right way to....

Postby danielhay11 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:33 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Unfortunately, a retake is no longer available to me. I took 3 LSATs. My first LSAT had a documented issue and it really threw me off (bag pipes played amazing grace outside the testing room), but I never contacted LSAC and just rolled with it. Maybe they'd let me go for a 4th try?


I'm sorry, I know this really sucks, but I lol'd hard at that. Who would have thought such a peaceful song could be so cacophonous?

My advice would be to be very open and honest with the school about your situation. Express the reasons why the school is your top choice and what admission would mean to you. If it's formulaic or is an admissions-brochure ripoff, it won't make a difference. And make it clear you have the check filled out, just need an address.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: What's the right way to....

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:48 pm

No offense taken. It's a funny story, no doubt about it.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests