Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Systematic1 wrote:
R86 wrote:So, now that that's out there, can someone here do the same thing but with the scholarship information included?


Seriously, why didn't they post the scholarship info with it?!


And why didnt they post the URM status with it? Blah! I see some 2.4s and 2.8s in there. I'd like to know what those applicants URM status is.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Nightrunner wrote:If you have a 4.0 and a 167, why are you applying to Baylor?


Baylor and Big Law both start with B's.

Just sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

User avatar
cch24
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby cch24 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:30 pm

I can only speak for myself but as a URM I wasn't sure how the cycle was going to go so I applied broadly. Once I heard back positively from much higher ranked schools I knew I wouldn't attend Baylor, but I didn't know that when applying. I withdrew my acceptance/scholarship so I'm not on the spreadsheet. That being said, this is not their entire list of accepted students, so any analysis drawn from the data would be skewed, at least slightly.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby eaper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Their "everyone gets fee-waivers" plan was a success! And, in the state of Texas, Baylor has some really good lay prestige. People have gotten pretty worked up trying to convince me it is better than UT law.

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby moneybagsphd » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:32 pm

flem wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:If you have a 4.0 and a 167, why are you applying to Baylor?


I was also taken aback by how high quality the applicant pool was.

177/3.75 Emory. Really?! They'll probably end up at CCN

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby NYC Law » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:40 pm

So I guess this settles the debate; Reese's are indeed more prestigious than Baylor law

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Lvaughn714 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:47 pm


User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Always Credited » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:47 pm

NYC Law wrote:So I guess this settles the debate; Reese's are indeed more prestigious than Baylor law


Butterfinger > Skittles > M&M's >>>>>> Snickers (ice cream) > Milkyway > Reeses >>>>>> Snickers (regular) > Three Musketeers > Twizzlers >>>>> Baylor >>>>> Black licorice, head lice

Accurate?

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby NYC Law » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Are the numbers on the list accurate? Maybe it's just a late April Fool's Joke (since it fell on a Sunday).

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby eaper » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Always Credited wrote:
NYC Law wrote:So I guess this settles the debate; Reese's are indeed more prestigious than Baylor law


Butterfinger > Skittles > M&M's >>>>>> Snickers (ice cream) > Milkyway > Reeses >>>>>> Snickers (regular) > Three Musketeers > Twizzlers >>>>> Baylor >>>>> Black licorice, head lice

Accurate?


Woah, where are the kitkats?

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby splitbrain » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:59 pm

You heard it on TLS first! Just sayin'. :lol:

thewizardofoz
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:14 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby thewizardofoz » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Race is one of the columns on the original spreadsheet...

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm

The surgeon who did my knee surgery went to Baylor. No wonder I am on TLS and not Rivals.com.

btw384
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby btw384 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Lvaughn714 wrote:Wall Street Journal....great

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012/04/04/bay ... tal-email/

Oh, GREAT.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby vpintz » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:33 pm

btw384 wrote:
Lvaughn714 wrote:Wall Street Journal....great

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012/04/04/bay ... tal-email/

Oh, GREAT.

What a shit show.


User avatar
1212
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby 1212 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 pm

flem wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:
And why didnt they post the URM status with it? Blah! I see some 2.4s and 2.8s in there. I'd like to know what those applicants URM status is.


Image



Srsly. :roll:

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:45 pm

1212 wrote:
flem wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:
And why didnt they post the URM status with it? Blah! I see some 2.4s and 2.8s in there. I'd like to know what those applicants URM status is.


Image



Srsly. :roll:


Well? Just to see if there is some correlation, whatever it may be. They could have had some other awesome softs, as a non-urm, but I doubt it.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby splitbrain » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:48 pm

mtyler19 wrote:http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/a_few_incoming_baylor_law_students_learn_how_they_measure_up_due_to_email_e/

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... slreturn=1

Makin' da rounds

bstx1987
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby bstx1987 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:04 pm

I've seen the spreadsheet. Just under $9m worth of scholarship handed out. To qualify for a full ride, looks like your GPA has got to be quite high, 3.7 or higher. Lower GPAs with higher LSAT's get good money. High LSAT and low GPA = no money or very little. Hard to establish a URM connection since there are so few minority applicants.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby splitbrain » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:06 pm

bstx1987 wrote:Lower GPAs with higher LSAT's get good money. High LSAT and low GPA = no money or very little.

What?

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:08 pm

splitbrain wrote:
bstx1987 wrote:Lower GPAs with higher LSAT's get good money. High LSAT and low GPA = no money or very little.

What?


Shit's redundant.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 pm

flem wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:
Well? Just to see if there is some correlation, whatever it may be. They could have had some other awesome softs, as a non-urm, but I doubt it.


DIG TO CHINA THEN BRO


MAYBE I WILL!

bstx1987
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby bstx1987 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Yeah I didn't edit. What I would have said in a perfect world where my information doesn't get LEAKED was:

Low GPA with high LSAT means little or no money. High GPA with low LSAT means some or lots of money.

For example, there's a 3.07/171 on the list - no money. Then you have a ton of GPAs 3.7 or above with LSAT 164 or lower who got either 15-20k or full rides if the GPA was >3.9.

Anyway - wasn't going to Baylor before, but sure wouldn't be now.

User avatar
Systematic1
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Systematic1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:36 pm

bstx1987 wrote:Yeah I didn't edit. What I would have said in a perfect world where my information doesn't get LEAKED was:

Low GPA with high LSAT means little or no money. High GPA with low LSAT means some or lots of money.

For example, there's a 3.07/171 on the list - no money. Then you have a ton of GPAs 3.7 or above with LSAT 164 or lower who got either 15-20k or full rides if the GPA was >3.9.

Anyway - wasn't going to Baylor before, but sure wouldn't be now.


Since you're not going, would you mind posting the full list with name, address, email redacted so we all can perform some data analysis?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jbagelboy and 3 guests