Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby gaud » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm

ilovesf wrote:lol

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby hookem7 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Wish I had just withdrawn instead of waiting for April 1st to pass, now 442 people I don't know have my contact info, address, scores and scholarship offer. Awesome.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 pm

thewizardofoz wrote:This is pretty terrible. Mostly because I have a lower GPA and LSAT than a friend who applied, and I got more scholarship money. Also, this girl I know claimed she got in, but isn't on the list.

How is the bolded not awesome?

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Probably the funniest thing I've ever heard regarding law school admissions.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Cavalier » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:05 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Probably the funniest thing I've ever heard regarding law school admissions.

Kind of hard to believe--this is far worse than accidentally admitting the entire applicant pool, and I don't even understand how one could accidentally email something like this. I bet it would be fascinating to examine the data though.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:10 pm

It's only a matter of time before ATL gets their hands on this...can't believe they haven't written something up yet.

I can't even imagine how many times this document has already been shared with non-Baylor admits, as well. Friends, family, etc.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby kaiser » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Talk about a transparent admissions process

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:15 pm

How embarrassing! Being on a list of people who want to go to Baylor.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby T00L » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:19 pm

.
Last edited by T00L on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby NYC Law » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Can I uh... see the list with all personal info/names deleted? Just curious to see the scholarships and stuff. No stake whatsoever, 1L at another school.

User avatar
goldenflash19
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby goldenflash19 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Someone should post the apology email in this thread.

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby hookem7 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:Someone should post the apology email in this thread.


Here it is, minus the school contact info that was below it:

An e-mail sent earlier today to you inadvertently contained an attachment with personal information about you and other accepted applicants. We apologize for this error. The earlier email was sent in response to numerous phone calls and emails we received from applicants expressing concern that they were unable to make online seat deposits over the weekend because of technical difficulties with the university’s online payment system. The attachment did not contain social security numbers or birth dates and we do not have reason to believe that the information has been put to any unauthorized use at this time.

Our high standards of professionalism require us to treat all student data with the greatest degree of confidentiality and we regret this unfortunate mistake. Due to the sensitive nature of the information that was contained in the attachment, we ask you to treat the document as confidential, just as you would as a lawyer, and delete the information.

Again, we send our deepest apologies for this error. We sincerely regret any concerns caused by our action. We have taken steps to ensure that such a mistake is not made in the future.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby snehpets » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 pm

thewizardofoz wrote:This is pretty terrible. Mostly because I have a lower GPA and LSAT than a friend who applied, and I got more scholarship money. Also, this girl I know claimed she got in, but isn't on the list.

Not to mention, my info is out there... Not cool.


Yeah same here with a girl I know but I think people who have already deposited didn't get it.

User avatar
goldenflash19
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby goldenflash19 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:27 pm

hookem7 wrote:Here it is, minus the school contact info that was below it:

An e-mail sent earlier today to you inadvertently contained an attachment with personal information about you and other accepted applicants. We apologize for this error. The earlier email was sent in response to numerous phone calls and emails we received from applicants expressing concern that they were unable to make online seat deposits over the weekend because of technical difficulties with the university’s online payment system. The attachment did not contain social security numbers or birth dates and we do not have reason to believe that the information has been put to any unauthorized use at this time.

Our high standards of professionalism require us to treat all student data with the greatest degree of confidentiality and we regret this unfortunate mistake. Due to the sensitive nature of the information that was contained in the attachment, we ask you to treat the document as confidential, just as you would as a lawyer, and delete the information.

Again, we send our deepest apologies for this error. We sincerely regret any concerns caused by our action. We have taken steps to ensure that such a mistake is not made in the future.


Thanks man. That's crazy- someone should lose his/her job.

postn0bills
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby postn0bills » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:56 pm

guaranteed that person already has. i wonder how they're going to fix this. yikes.

User avatar
Titleist
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Titleist » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Cavalier wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Probably the funniest thing I've ever heard regarding law school admissions.

Kind of hard to believe--this is far worse than accidentally admitting the entire applicant pool, and I don't even understand how one could accidentally email something like this. I bet it would be fascinating to examine the data though.


It has been fun looking at it all night.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Gail » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Applicant:

Micky Mawse, 161, 3.58, UG: Kansas City Art Institute.
$63,000 in merit aid.


Interesting.

not a real person, btw

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby shoeshine » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Some one needs to post this. Or email it to me and I will post it.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 am

Another side-effect of this mistake: Imagine an environment where all the gunners in your 1L class know everyone's LSAT score and GPA. I can already foresee some douches trying to form study groups based on LSAT score.

Napt
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:43 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Napt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 am

Desert Fox wrote:How embarrassing! Being on a list of people who want to go to Baylor.

180

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:13 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:Another side-effect of this mistake: Imagine an environment where all the gunners in your 1L class know everyone's LSAT score and GPA. I can already foresee some douches trying to form study groups based on LSAT score.


TBH, this incident would be a significant deterrent from me matriculating (had I applied, and been accepted)...for reasons just like this one :roll:

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Always Credited » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 am

hookem7 wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:Someone should post the apology email in this thread.


Here it is, minus the school contact info that was below it:

An e-mail sent earlier today to you inadvertently contained an attachment with personal information about you and other accepted applicants. We apologize for this error. The earlier email was sent in response to numerous phone calls and emails we received from applicants expressing concern that they were unable to make online seat deposits over the weekend because of technical difficulties with the university’s online payment system. The attachment did not contain social security numbers or birth dates and we do not have reason to believe that the information has been put to any unauthorized use at this time.

Our high standards of professionalism require us to treat all student data with the greatest degree of confidentiality and we regret this unfortunate mistake. Due to the sensitive nature of the information that was contained in the attachment, we ask you to treat the document as confidential, just as you would as a lawyer, and delete the information.

Again, we send our deepest apologies for this error. We sincerely regret any concerns caused by our action. We have taken steps to ensure that such a mistake is not made in the future.


The best part is how Baylor apparently has no idea how privileged/confidential information works

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby NYC Law » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:16 am

This is probably going to be the biggest law school scandal all year. This is a really, really big deal.

Is anyone reconsidering attending after this? Seems like an awful situation to be in, going to law school where everyone knows everyone else's credentials and scholarship offer.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Dany » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 am

Holy shit.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby T00L » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 am

Always Credited wrote:
hookem7 wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:Someone should post the apology email in this thread.


Here it is, minus the school contact info that was below it:

An e-mail sent earlier today to you inadvertently contained an attachment with personal information about you and other accepted applicants. We apologize for this error. The earlier email was sent in response to numerous phone calls and emails we received from applicants expressing concern that they were unable to make online seat deposits over the weekend because of technical difficulties with the university’s online payment system. The attachment did not contain social security numbers or birth dates and we do not have reason to believe that the information has been put to any unauthorized use at this time.

Our high standards of professionalism require us to treat all student data with the greatest degree of confidentiality and we regret this unfortunate mistake. Due to the sensitive nature of the information that was contained in the attachment, we ask you to treat the document as confidential, just as you would as a lawyer, and delete the information.

Again, we send our deepest apologies for this error. We sincerely regret any concerns caused by our action. We have taken steps to ensure that such a mistake is not made in the future.


The best part is how Baylor apparently has no idea how privileged/confidential information works


Euphemism for: "We just took Suzie Daniel out back and shot her"

Also seeing (via Monty Python ATHG): "Those responsible have been sacked." Then, "Those who did the sacking have also been sacked..." and so on




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cooldog, drillteam, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests