Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 pm

None of the affected students have taken any legal action against the law school. But Toben says if that happens they will "make amends" any way they can.

0L here, but how could they show they were harmed? Because they were mad about other people knowing their LSAT score and GPA? I could see if there is a federal privacy law about that stuff.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby mtyler19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
None of the affected students have taken any legal action against the law school. But Toben says if that happens they will "make amends" any way they can.

0L here, but how could they show they were harmed? Because they were mad about other people knowing their LSAT score and GPA? I could see if there is a federal privacy law about that stuff.


Not sure either but

http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco ... dents.html

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby splitbrain » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:16 pm

R86 wrote:
K12 Reporter: Rebecca Schleicher wrote:On a blog made up of several affected students, one person posted "wasn't going to Baylor before but I sure wouldn't be now."

-Posted: Apr 05, 2012 12:58 PM MDT


bstx1987 ITT wrote:Anyway - wasn't going to Baylor before, but sure wouldn't be now.

-Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:18 pm

lol'd

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:47 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Not a yet a law student, but I don't see why this would be such an issue except for stalkers and phone numbers.


Reexamine this statement after meeting more law students.


+100

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:13 am

Update: Above the Law just posted race and scholarship info.

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/the-bayl ... arships/2/

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby shifty_eyed » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:17 am

LSAT Blog wrote:Update: Above the Law just posted race and scholarship info.

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/the-bayl ... arships/2/

Interesting. A quick glance shows that they seem to give more money to high gpa VS high LSAT.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:23 am

interesting that atl assumes baylor is representative of other ad comms. i think minority bumps vary widely from school to school. that being said, i loved the article

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby mtyler19 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:11 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Update: Above the Law just posted race and scholarship info.

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/the-bayl ... arships/2/


Interesting commentary...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiat ... tion-bump/

rare_commodity
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby rare_commodity » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Wow this is scary and sad. Wonder how many students will cancel their seat after this mishap.

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby zanzbar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Yep I guess I am just an evil white devil because here I am thinking that scholly bump was pretty BS, but then again I personally was cracking the whip on plantations 200 years ago. :roll: We have a female hispanic on the supreme court, and a half black man in the white house while I disagree with their political stances I think it clearly shows that we have pathways for driven individuals to succeed no matter what race you were born into. At least the press has the balls to bring up this issue because I asked Baylor about it and they essentially gave me some PC go F myself response.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby splitbrain » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:33 pm

zanzbar wrote:Yep I guess I am just an evil white devil because here I am thinking that scholly bump was pretty BS, but then again I personally was cracking the whip on plantations 200 years ago. :roll: We have a female hispanic on the supreme court, and a half black man in the white house while I disagree with their political stances I think it clearly shows that we have pathways for driven individuals to succeed no matter what race you were born into. At least the press has the balls to bring up this issue because I asked Baylor about it and they essentially gave me some PC go F myself response.

Image

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Tom Joad » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm

zanzbar wrote:Yep I guess I am just an evil white devil because here I am thinking that scholly bump was pretty BS, but then again I personally was cracking the whip on plantations 200 years ago. :roll: We have a female hispanic on the supreme court, and a half black man in the white house while I disagree with their political stances I think it clearly shows that we have pathways for driven individuals to succeed no matter what race you were born into. At least the press has the balls to bring up this issue because I asked Baylor about it and they essentially gave me some PC go F myself response.

Image

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby zanzbar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 am

Tom Joad wrote:
zanzbar wrote:Yep I guess I am just an evil white devil because here I am thinking that scholly bump was pretty BS, but then again I personally was cracking the whip on plantations 200 years ago. :roll: We have a female hispanic on the supreme court, and a half black man in the white house while I disagree with their political stances I think it clearly shows that we have pathways for driven individuals to succeed no matter what race you were born into. At least the press has the balls to bring up this issue because I asked Baylor about it and they essentially gave me some PC go F myself response.

Image



Slightly peeved bro that's all.

User avatar
TexasWave
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby TexasWave » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:09 am

I strongly believe (after many years of carefully looking into the issue) that AA is morally, legally, and logically indefensible. That said, this Baylor mishap is hardly the right time or moment to get into this thorny issue...especially not on a random Internet message board, and especially not when we are anyway poised to hear news on the issue due to a SCOTUS ruling. Save your breath.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby snehpets » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:14 am

TexasWave wrote:I strongly believe (after many years of carefully looking into the issue) that AA is morally, legally, and logically indefensible. That said, this Baylor mishap is hardly the right time or moment to get into this thorny issue...especially not on a random Internet message board, and especially not when we are anyway poised to hear news on the issue due to a SCOTUS ruling. Save your breath.


Also talking about it except in the designated thread will get you banned.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby Geneva » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:57 am

any new thoughts/updates on baylor?

imbored25
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby imbored25 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 am

shit i got the second email but not the original, but i withdrew a couple day's earlier, may be my info wasnt on there

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby bk1 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:45 am

If you want to have a discussion about affirmative action, take it the lounge.

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby TTTLS » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 am

I was wondering why this thread was so active.

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Anyone have a link to this list with specifics?


PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:56 pm

2014 wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/the-baylor-law-data-dump-now-with-race-and-scholarships/2/




Thanks, I am trying to find out if my name and a relative's name are on the list. I want the full information.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby snehpets » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:00 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
2014 wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/the-baylor-law-data-dump-now-with-race-and-scholarships/2/




Thanks, I am trying to find out if my name and a relative's name are on the list. I want the full information.


If you had been admitted when it was sent and hadn't withdrawn you're on it, I guarantee.

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 pm

snehpets wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:
2014 wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/the-baylor-law-data-dump-now-with-race-and-scholarships/2/




Thanks, I am trying to find out if my name and a relative's name are on the list. I want the full information.


If you had been admitted when it was sent and hadn't withdrawn you're on it, I guarantee.



I thought there was a qualifier about paying the deposit fee previous to the data dump?

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Postby snehpets » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Yeah that too, sorry.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: freekick and 5 guests