Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rschleicher

New

Re: Baylor Law just pushed out an admitted students email...

Post by rschleicher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:15 am

I'm covering this story for the NBC affiliate in Waco and would love to chat with some admitted students who's info was sent out. Please give me a call 7706535859

rschleicher

New

Post by rschleicher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:16 am

Whose*
And please call me ASAP bc my deadline is this morning

Lvaughn714

Bronze

Post by Lvaughn714 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:17 am

rschleicher wrote:I'm covering this story for the NBC affiliate in Waco and would love to chat with some admitted students who's info was sent out. Please give me a call 7706535859
Seriously? I don't think any of us want this to become any bigger than it already is...

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:20 am

rschleicher wrote:Whose*
And please call me ASAP bc my deadline is this morning
lolllllllll

AgLaw

New

Post by AgLaw » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 pm

As you probably have heard, yesterday we made a significant mistake involving the release of admissions data. We want to assure you that the mistake did not include data related to you or most of the students we anticipate enrolling at Baylor. Unfortunately, a document containing personal information was inadvertently attached to an email sent to a group of admitted students who had not yet responded to our offer of admission. The document contained personal information about some, but not all, of our admitted applicants. Again, no information related to you was included.

Last night we sent an email to the applicants whose information was included in the attached document to notify them and to apologize. The attachment did not contain social security numbers or birth dates. Nevertheless, the information included was personal and we deeply regret the error. Due to the sensitive nature of the information that was contained in the attachment, we asked the recipients of the email to treat the attached document as confidential, just as they would as a lawyer, and delete the information.

We recognize that our high standards of professionalism require us to treat all student data with the greatest degree of confidentiality and we acknowledge that we failed to live up to those standards in this matter. We made a mistake that we sincerely regret. We apologize for any concerns caused by our action. Steps have been taken to ensure that such a mistake is not made in the future.

We hope this has not changed your enthusiasm about attending Baylor Law School. If you have any continuing concerns, or if you have additional questions regarding this matter, you may contact me by calling (XXX) XXX-XXXX, or Nicole Masciopinto, Director of Admissions, by calling (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

We look forward to seeing you at Baylor!

Sincerely,
Leah Jackson

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 pm

AgLaw wrote:
As you probably have heard, yesterday we made a significant mistake involving the release of admissions data. We want to assure you that the mistake did not include data related to you or most of the students we anticipate enrolling at Baylor. Unfortunately, a document containing personal information was inadvertently attached to an email sent to a group of admitted students who had not yet responded to our offer of admission. The document contained personal information about some, but not all, of our admitted applicants. Again, no information related to you was included.

Last night we sent an email to the applicants whose information was included in the attached document to notify them and to apologize. The attachment did not contain social security numbers or birth dates. Nevertheless, the information included was personal and we deeply regret the error. Due to the sensitive nature of the information that was contained in the attachment, we asked the recipients of the email to treat the attached document as confidential, just as they would as a lawyer, and delete the information.

We recognize that our high standards of professionalism require us to treat all student data with the greatest degree of confidentiality and we acknowledge that we failed to live up to those standards in this matter. We made a mistake that we sincerely regret. We apologize for any concerns caused by our action. Steps have been taken to ensure that such a mistake is not made in the future.

We hope this has not changed your enthusiasm about attending Baylor Law School. If you have any continuing concerns, or if you have additional questions regarding this matter, you may contact me by calling (XXX) XXX-XXXX, or Nicole Masciopinto, Director of Admissions, by calling (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

Sincerely,
Leah Jackson

Wow, I hadn't seen this, didn't even know they sent it. When was this one sent? That makes me even more mad. They added a lot more things into the apology that sound nicer then the one they sent to the people that actually had their information exposed! And yes, that is really shitty that they don't anticipate us to enroll! I hate everything about this situation. :evil:

AgLaw

New

Post by AgLaw » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:34 pm

It is the list of people who had not submitted their seat deposit by the deadline... the majority of the people on the list declined admission to baylor by not submitting their deposit, and then Baylor took the list of people who turned them down and sent it out for all the world to see... I think above the law mentioned something about investigating the technical difficulties that people were having with submitting their deposit, I wonder if that is what they meant...

On the bright side, my linkedin connections have increased by the thousands!

DavidB

Bronze

Post by DavidB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:17 pm

So the leaked list includes only applicants who were offered acceptance but have failed to pay their seat deposit.

I'm surprised there are 442 outstanding offers of admission. I realize it is normal to extend more offers than seats to ensure enough applicants accept to create a full class.

But doesn't Baylor only have approximately 100 seats for Fall? Excluding applicants who have paid their deposits, that leaves a 4:1 ratio of offers to seats available?

AgLaw

New

Post by AgLaw » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:48 pm

I don't know for sure if it is only people who have accepted... I thought it was an awful lot of people for that to be the case too

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:51 pm

--ImageRemoved--

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:57 pm

AgLaw wrote:I don't know for sure if it is only people who have accepted... I thought it was an awful lot of people for that to be the case too
They are all admitted students on the list, it has a column for decision status and they all say "Admitted"

btw384

Bronze

Post by btw384 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:03 pm

AgLaw wrote:

Sincerely,
Leah Jackson
Stay classy, Baylor.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:16 pm

btw384 wrote:
AgLaw wrote:

Sincerely,
Leah Jackson
Stay classy, Baylor.
"steps have been taken" aka someone was fired

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

splitbrain

Silver

Post by splitbrain » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 pm

AgLaw wrote:On the bright side, my linkedin connections have increased by the thousands!
Haha what??

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:44 pm

:D
Last edited by R86 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:46 pm

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:49 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Fun Fact For the Day:

Baylor didn't allow dancing on campus until 1996.
Surprisingly enough, this is true.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/04/19/us/af ... aylor.html

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Looks like she wasn't fired.....

--LinkRemoved--

and blog site of admitted students, wonder what that is?? :roll: Also,
rschleicher wrote:I'm covering this story for the NBC affiliate in Waco and would love to chat with some admitted students who's info was sent out. Please give me a call 7706535859
Now I'm curious...

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:32 pm

mtyler19 wrote:Looks like she wasn't fired.....

--LinkRemoved--

Now I'm curious...
I don't think she should be fired just for this.

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Tom Joad wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Now I'm curious...
I don't think she should be fired just for this.
I'm not sure if I do either, but its in the OP. This was more interesting to me though...
None of the affected students have taken any legal action against the law school. But Toben says if that happens they will "make amends" any way they can.

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Last edited by R86 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Geetar Man

Silver

Post by Geetar Man » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:42 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Now I'm curious...
This article quoted someone ITT. I knew I read it here earlier...

It was this:
bstx1987 wrote: Anyway, wasn't going to Baylor before but I sure wouldn't be now.
Last edited by Geetar Man on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

R86

Bronze

Post by R86 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Last edited by R86 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geetar Man

Silver

Post by Geetar Man » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:44 pm

R86 wrote:Barely scooped ya. It's on page 5.
I seen't it.

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Geetar Man wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Now I'm curious...
This article quoted someone ITT. I knew I read it here earlier...

It was this:
bxtx1987ITT wrote: Anyway, wasn't going to Baylor before but I sure wouldn't be now.

Exactly what I was thinking! I'm really curious because this person was also ITT...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”