Very Anxious..someone please give me an opinion Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jjc10d

New

Very Anxious..someone please give me an opinion

Post by jjc10d » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 am

Hey my file went under review for fiu on 3/22 so I'm waiting...I wanted to know as an applicant what do you think...Graduated in dec from fsu.. top 13% of my class out of 10500. double maj: poly sci and history. 22 A's 8B's in my final 30 4 semesters. Which I did in a year and a half to showcase I'm capable of doing well in LS b/c before I got my AA my gpa was crap. My FSU gpa is 3.75...however my OVERALL is 2.96(which is what they'll see). My lsat is 153..I had a huge turn around once I entered my majors...Lets just say for my sake my PS is amazing and eye catching..what do you think my chances of getting in FIU are...

JasonR

Bronze

Re: Very Anxious..someone please give me an opinion

Post by JasonR » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:56 am

You didn't say if you were URM or not.

If not, your chances aren't good. You're below their 25th for GPA and below median for LSAT. But it could happen. If it doesn't, though, you should consider the rejection a blessing, because taking on a mountain of nondischargeable debt to attend a crappy law school that will provide you with terrible job prospects could very well ruin your life. If you do get in, you absolutely should not attend. Either earn a much, much higher LSAT score or do not attend law school.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:30 am

jjc10d wrote:Hey my file went under review for fiu on 3/22 so I'm waiting...I wanted to know as an applicant what do you think...Graduated in dec from fsu.. top 13% of my class out of 10500. double maj: poly sci and history. 22 A's 8B's in my final 30 4 semesters. Which I did in a year and a half to showcase I'm capable of doing well in LS b/c before I got my AA my gpa was crap. My FSU gpa is 3.75...however my OVERALL is 2.96(which is what they'll see). My lsat is 153..I had a huge turn around once I entered my majors...Lets just say for my sake my PS is amazing and eye catching..what do you think my chances of getting in FIU are...
Fiu may not be the best place to go to. Co slider retaking LSAT and getting into a school that places graduates in jobs better in state if that's where you want. Check out the LSAT section of this website and work on getting a 165 or better on LSAT which is
More than doable seeing your score.

If not you may want to reconsider law school which is not what you want to hear but getting jobs after school will be extremely hard at fiu and you will be loaded with debt

jjc10d

New

Post by jjc10d » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:53 am

Im hispanic..

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Then you have a shot. But please read the above posts. Don't attend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BeaverHunter

New

Post by BeaverHunter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:01 pm

jjc10d wrote:Hey my file went under review for fiu on 3/22 so I'm waiting...I wanted to know as an applicant what do you think...Graduated in dec from fsu.. top 13% of my class out of 10500. double maj: poly sci and history. 22 A's 8B's in my final 30 4 semesters. Which I did in a year and a half to showcase I'm capable of doing well in LS b/c before I got my AA my gpa was crap. My FSU gpa is 3.75...however my OVERALL is 2.96(which is what they'll see). My lsat is 153..I had a huge turn around once I entered my majors...Lets just say for my sake my PS is amazing and eye catching..what do you think my chances of getting in FIU are...
Did not understand a word you just said. Work on your writing if you want to outperform your numbers, and check out lawschoolnumbers.com.

jjc10d

New

Post by jjc10d » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:22 pm

I checked LSN, and I'm sorry that you chose to compare a post on a forum to my actual writing skills

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:34 pm

JasonR wrote:You didn't say if you were URM or not.
jjc10d wrote:Im hispanic..
And you still didn't say whether you were URM or not. Hispanic does not automatically mean URM.
jjc10d wrote:I checked LSN, and I'm sorry that you chose to compare a post on a forum to my actual writing skills
Yeah, god forbid somebody use your writing as an evaluation of your writing skills.

Beyond LSN, nobody is going to know what your chances are. I would say there's a better understanding of what a URM boost will do at the top schools, but it is not very well known how much a URM with below-average numbers will do at a below-average school. Best you can do is to look at rejected/accepted applicants and see if there are candidates within your numbers range that have been accepted. If there are, were they also URM? Were URMs rejected with your similar numbers?

But all this worrying assumes that you should actually attend. Maybe take off a year, study for the LSAT and apply before you finish up your Christmas shopping.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:35 pm

jjc10d wrote:I checked LSN, and I'm sorry that you chose to compare a post on a forum to my actual writing skills
Jj, will you please acknowledge my advice about considering a different school? Why do you want to
Go to FIU?

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:17 am

Nova bound.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”