Why didn't I listen?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
srfngdd6

Re: Why didn't I listen?

Postby srfngdd6 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 pm

bdole2 wrote:
sportaddict144 wrote:Don't worry, I'm not keeling over and dying on you because of my diet just yet.

Here is the plan that I made in the last 5 seconds:

Ask W&L if they will allow me to take June to attempt to get more of a scholarship. If I get that 17x, I withdraw and wait for September. If I don't, I happily go to W&L with a good scholarship and never look back. Good plan?

Is there any way for them to restrict me taking the June test? That would be my only concern, if they say no, don't take it, and I go ahead and take it and get another 167 and they rescind my acceptance. Is that possible?

Thanks to everybody for the advice, and to all worried about my health, I'll be alright ;)

No. Where are you from? I get the sense that it is not Virginia. Only go to school that will place you where you want to practice. Unless you want to practice in Virginia, then don't go to W&L. You really need to decide where you want to practice. And that way you can take the October LSAT and give yourself more than 2 months to study.

two thirds of W&L grads dont practice in VA

bdole2

Postby bdole2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:32 pm

srfngdd6 wrote:two thirds of W&L grads dont practice in VA

Link?

Even if this is true, Virginia is still where the highest concentration of W&L grads end up.

srfngdd6

Postby srfngdd6 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 pm

bdole2 wrote:
srfngdd6 wrote:two thirds of W&L grads dont practice in VA

Link?

Even if this is true, Virginia is still where the highest concentration of W&L grads end up.

the employment data is a pdf but for c/o 2010 30.9% practiced in VA...i agree with you but the school has some mobility to NY, DC, Maryland, and the SOutheast

sportaddict144

Postby sportaddict144 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 pm

bdole2 wrote:
sportaddict144 wrote:Don't worry, I'm not keeling over and dying on you because of my diet just yet.

Here is the plan that I made in the last 5 seconds:

Ask W&L if they will allow me to take June to attempt to get more of a scholarship. If I get that 17x, I withdraw and wait for September. If I don't, I happily go to W&L with a good scholarship and never look back. Good plan?

Is there any way for them to restrict me taking the June test? That would be my only concern, if they say no, don't take it, and I go ahead and take it and get another 167 and they rescind my acceptance. Is that possible?

Thanks to everybody for the advice, and to all worried about my health, I'll be alright ;)

No. Where are you from? I get the sense that it is not Virginia. Only go to school that will place you where you want to practice. Unless you want to practice in Virginia, then don't go to W&L. You really need to decide where you want to practice. And that way you can take the October LSAT and give yourself more than 2 months to study.

I am from Detroit but I want to practice in NY, DC, or Chicago...Is there any way I can ask W&L to take the June LSAT or will they not go for that idea?

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:28 pm

You don't need to ask permission. Just take it. If you do better, then you need to talk to them. Otherwise, no need to update them since you're already accepted.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”