LOCI Question...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pret

LOCI Question...

Postby pret » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:25 am

Is it a good or bad idea to tell the school you REALLY want to attend a list of your offers in a LOCI? I've heard conflicting things, some saying it adds to your "luster", others saying it could deter you from getting off the waitlist since the school would have doubts you'd pick their school over the other offers.

ama004

Re: LOCI Question...

Postby ama004 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:01 am

pret wrote:Is it a good or bad idea to tell the school you REALLY want to attend a list of your offers in a LOCI? I've heard conflicting things, some saying it adds to your "luster", others saying it could deter you from getting off the waitlist since the school would have doubts you'd pick their school over the other offers.

I thought about doing this in my LOCI but I ultimately decided not to meniton other offers. I was offered a scholarship to a lower ranked neighboring school. However, I thought it might it might detract from my LOCI so I left it out and just reiterated my interest in the school and my intent to attend if accepted.

In short, I didn't feel like I was in a position to negotiate.

moreprejthanprob

Re: LOCI Question...

Postby moreprejthanprob » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm no expert, but I feel like mentioning the name of any other school, in any context, before you've been admitted to the desirable school in question seems like a bad idea. I think it's just all about focusing on why you want School X and why they should want you.

I decided to post this related question here rather than create a separate thread. In a LOCI, do you think it should be "so-and-so is my first choice of law schools" or "my first choice in law schools"? Or just "my first choice law school"? My gut says "of"...

Minute, I know, but I just wanted to see what people thought.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”