AAMPLE (Charlotte School of law) or Pheonix School of law

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kyeyeoni27

AAMPLE (Charlotte School of law) or Pheonix School of law

Postby kyeyeoni27 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:57 am

Hi, people... I really neeed good advice and some help from people in TLS...
I have been admitted to Pheonix School of Law in Fall 2012 and got accepted to AAMPLE program in Charlotte (NC).
I have been researching about AAMPLE and there were up and down opinions on that program.
From the research, the AAMPLE passing rate weren't that low and they have said if you have time to study you will be okay..
I'm still waiting for other school's response(have 4 more school that need to be answered)....

Questions to ask:
1) Is it worth to take AAMPLE in Charlotte? or is it better just go to Pheonix? State wise, would NC be better or AZ?
2) Which school can be helpful for me, if I'm looking to trasnfer out after a year?

I have not decided... I could really use some help!!!

Thanks in advance, looking forward for good helpful advice!!

shoeshine

Re: AAMPLE (Charlotte School of law) or Pheonix School of law

Postby shoeshine » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:59 am

kyeyeoni27 wrote:Hi, people... I really neeed good advice and some help from people in TLS...
I have been admitted to Pheonix School of Law in Fall 2012 and got accepted to AAMPLE program in Charlotte (NC).
I have been researching about AAMPLE and there were up and down opinions on that program.
From the research, the AAMPLE passing rate weren't that low and they have said if you have time to study you will be okay..
I'm still waiting for other school's response(have 4 more school that need to be answered)....

Questions to ask:
1) Is it worth to take AAMPLE in Charlotte? or is it better just go to Pheonix? State wise, would NC be better or AZ?
2) Which school can be helpful for me, if I'm looking to trasnfer out after a year?

Bro. You spelled Phoenix wrong.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:16 am

If you are dead set on getting a worthless JD that will never lead to any kind of reasonable legal career go to either.I don't know what kind of shit this AAMPLE program is but it sounds like something that annoying girl on tv is always singing about. Don't waste your money. Find another profession.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:41 am

If you can't spell the name of the school correctly, that's probably a sign that you shouldn't go, regardless of everything else.

PurplePirate

Postby PurplePirate » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:03 am

Stonewall wrote:If you are dead set on getting a worthless JD that will never lead to any kind of reasonable legal career go to either.I don't know what kind of shit this AAMPLE program is but it sounds like something that annoying girl on tv is always singing about. Don't waste your money. Find another profession.

Did you just make an Education Connection joke? I'm not sure if I'm more surprised by that or the fact that I knew what you were talking about right away...now that jingle is stuck in my head ugh

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 am

Last edited by rad lulz on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StarLightSpectre

Postby StarLightSpectre » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:02 am

Not sure if flame...

lnoy

Postby lnoy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:02 pm

There are far more law schools in the southeast region then there are in the four corner states. So you might have a better chance getting a job in AZ then in NC. But do more research on the schools first before making your decision. Where would you rather work?

freakingout-here

Postby freakingout-here » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:37 pm

If you got into Charlotte through AAMPLE, then I think it is a mistake for you to assume you'd be able to go there (or Phoenix) and do well enough to transfer out after your first year. Your 1L year is tough enough, and if you only got into Charlotte through AAMPLE then you probably had significant issues with your GPA or LSAT.

Having said that, ignore the idiotic ramblings here about how 'horrible' these schools are. Most of that crap is coming from people who dream of getting into schools they can't get into, who then retreat to their room (which undoubtedly is upstairs in their parent's house) to find ways to flame other people who are serious about asking questions and getting advice.

You should plan to stay at the school you go to, and you should work really hard to master your courses. Both Phoenix and Charlotte are good schools. You WILL NOT get a job at a big firm making six figures out of either school... however most people who go to law school have other plans than billing hours in a NYC cubicle for four years. That being said... if you want to work in a big firm and make tons of money you are not going to do it out of either school and I would hazard a guess that your goal is probably not supported by your GPA or LSAT score. However, if you really want your law degree and you have a practical plan of how you'll use it, I say go for it and choose the school that is either closest to you or closer to where you want to be.

Good luck.

PARTY

Postby PARTY » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:40 pm

freakingout-here wrote:Having said that, ignore the idiotic ramblings here about how 'horrible' these schools are. Most of that crap is coming from people who dream of getting into schools they can't get into, who then retreat to their room (which undoubtedly is upstairs in their parent's house) to find ways to flame other people who are serious about asking questions and getting advice.

what about downstairs? didn't think of that one, did you?

freakingout-here wrote:Both Phoenix and Charlotte are good schools.

and stop giving terrible advice.

target

Postby target » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 pm

shoeshine wrote:Bro. You spelled Phoenix wrong.

:lol:

kyeyeoni27

Postby kyeyeoni27 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:56 am

freakingout-here wrote:If you got into Charlotte through AAMPLE, then I think it is a mistake for you to assume you'd be able to go there (or Phoenix) and do well enough to transfer out after your first year. Your 1L year is tough enough, and if you only got into Charlotte through AAMPLE then you probably had significant issues with your GPA or LSAT.

Having said that, ignore the idiotic ramblings here about how 'horrible' these schools are. Most of that crap is coming from people who dream of getting into schools they can't get into, who then retreat to their room (which undoubtedly is upstairs in their parent's house) to find ways to flame other people who are serious about asking questions and getting advice.

You should plan to stay at the school you go to, and you should work really hard to master your courses. Both Phoenix and Charlotte are good schools. You WILL NOT get a job at a big firm making six figures out of either school... however most people who go to law school have other plans than billing hours in a NYC cubicle for four years. That being said... if you want to work in a big firm and make tons of money you are not going to do it out of either school and I would hazard a guess that your goal is probably not supported by your GPA or LSAT score. However, if you really want your law degree and you have a practical plan of how you'll use it, I say go for it and choose the school that is either closest to you or closer to where you want to be.

Good luck.

Thank you for your advice..
I guess your answer exactly answered my questions.. and helped me organize my thoughts.....

Thanks once again!

shoeshine

Postby shoeshine » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:23 am

kyeyeoni27 wrote:
freakingout-here wrote:If you got into Charlotte through AAMPLE, then I think it is a mistake for you to assume you'd be able to go there (or Phoenix) and do well enough to transfer out after your first year. Your 1L year is tough enough, and if you only got into Charlotte through AAMPLE then you probably had significant issues with your GPA or LSAT.

Good luck.

I guess your answer exactly answered my questions.. and helped me organize my thoughts.....
Thanks once again!

OMFG, this is the guy you listen to?

DO NOT GO TO EITHER OF THESE SCHOOLS. THEY ARE TRAPS THAT WILL LOAD YOU UP WITH DEBT AND LEAVE YOU WITH NO JOB PROSPECTS.

Jaeger

Postby Jaeger » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 am

Good job, freaking out. You probably just ruined this guy's life forever.

And OP, please for the love of all that is holy, don't go to either of these schools. They are jokes designed to scam suckers willing to go to them. Also, is English your second language or are you just stupid? If the latter (or really the former), don't go to law school. No one is raining on your parade...you just need to know the truth.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:42 am

For the record, OP, I think you should hold out for money. See what Charlotte gives you and then leverage that with Phoenix... Oh, wait... They are OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY, so that may not work.

top30man

Postby top30man » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:For the record, OP, I think you should hold out for money. See what Charlotte gives you and then leverage that with Phoenix... Oh, wait... They are OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY, so that may not work.

No red flags here. Seriously, retake or don't go.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:12 am

Good luck.

Are you out of your freaking mind? Yes biglaw is out, but so is the "work really hard" mantra. that was taken behind the barn and shot in October '08 along with so many other dreams. This guy should not go to law school. 30,000 jobs/year for 45,000 students - and this guy at the bottom of the shit law school barrel will likely be one of the jobless.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:17 am

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:31 am

You will have a loan repayment of around $1600 dollars a month and you will be lucky to be making 40K a year when you get out.
You do the math.

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 pm

kyeyeoni27 wrote:

Good luck.

Thanks once again!

I think OP is a flame and freakingout-here is OP's alt. No one is stupid even to give or listen to this advice.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:08 pm

kyeyeoni27 wrote:Hi, people... I really neeed good advice and some help from people in TLS...

Questions to ask:

OP, do you have a guaranteed job lined up once you obtain your JD?

If not, please consult this article: http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/03/15/cla ... -be-filed/

Both schools listed above are owned by the for-profit company InfiLaw, which also owns Florida Coastal School of Law. FCSL was established in 1996, and has a small alumni base. FCSL is getting sued by recent graduates over whether it falsified employment statistics.

Charlotte School of Law was established in 2006, and Phoenix School of Law (not to be confused with University of Phoenix) was established in 2005. Neither school has a major alumni base to draw off of for job prospects.

Presently, there is more supply than demand in the legal market. As indicated by the ABA article, graduates of schools with large and loyal alumni bases are struggling to find employment. It's arguably an expensive gamble to attend either Charlotte or Phoenix unless you've got a guaranteed job.

As for the transfer issue, transferring between law schools is not analogous to transferring between undergraduate institutions. A lot of students enter lower ranked schools with the intention of transferring. However, because of the forced curve, a lot of the students don't get to transfer.

Best of luck to you.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:55 pm

PurplePirate wrote:
Stonewall wrote:If you are dead set on getting a worthless JD that will never lead to any kind of reasonable legal career go to either.I don't know what kind of shit this AAMPLE program is but it sounds like something that annoying girl on tv is always singing about. Don't waste your money. Find another profession.

Did you just make an Education Connection joke? I'm not sure if I'm more surprised by that or the fact that I knew what you were talking about right away...now that jingle is stuck in my head ugh

Get connected, for free

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Jaeger

Postby Jaeger » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Error 404 whenever someone types "job"...?

Oh, I get it. This is some April fools thing.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Jaeger wrote:Error 404 whenever someone types "[ERROR: 404]"...?

Oh, I get it. This is some April fools thing.

Check magic unicorns and hurrr durrr

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”