Waitlist --> Deferred Admissions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jrthor10

Waitlist --> Deferred Admissions

Postby jrthor10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Can anyone speak to the schools that offer this? I am currently waitlisted at Mich, UVA, Chicago, and Columbia. Also held at Northwestern, and likely waitlist at Duke & Penn. I know Michigan has an official program. but do any of the other schools have anything official or unofficial? Can anyone who has done it speak to how it went?

jrthor10

Re: Waitlist --> Deferred Admissions

Postby jrthor10 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:43 am

Shamelessly Bumping...

RamblinBoyofPleasure

Postby RamblinBoyofPleasure » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:59 pm

I am interested in the answers to these questions as well.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:00 pm

NU will occasionally bump people to a deferral with a full ride, but that's people with no work experience.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:03 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:NU will occasionally bump people to a deferral with a full ride, but that's people with no work experience.
And HYS-type numbers.

calverna

Postby calverna » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:58 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Can anyone speak to the schools that offer this? I am currently waitlisted at Mich, UVA, Chicago, and Columbia. Also held at Northwestern, and likely waitlist at Duke & Penn. I know Michigan has an official program. but do any of the other schools have anything official or unofficial? Can anyone who has done it speak to how it went?

I was waitlisted by Michigan this cycle and requested a deferral for summer term 2013, which was granted last week. Their admissions department is very transparent in how it works - if you are considering it I would suggest you e-mail them to ask how to go about putting in the request.

RopeisaJoke

Postby RopeisaJoke » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:04 pm

calverna wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Can anyone speak to the schools that offer this? I am currently waitlisted at Mich, UVA, Chicago, and Columbia. Also held at Northwestern, and likely waitlist at Duke & Penn. I know Michigan has an official program. but do any of the other schools have anything official or unofficial? Can anyone who has done it speak to how it went?

I was waitlisted by Michigan this cycle and requested a deferral for summer term 2013, which was granted last week. Their admissions department is very transparent in how it works - if you are considering it I would suggest you e-mail them to ask how to go about putting in the request.

What was the nature of the agreement that you made with Michigan? Also, do you think it is worth it to see if I get off the WL in early May and then try for the deferral in early June?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”