C&F question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ThreeRivers

Re: C&F question

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:03 am

Idk shit / this is just a guess but I don't think having medical card would hurt you at all

As for being cited with out it, I'd imagine 1 wouldn't be a big deal, but having long history of that would

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 am

No one here is going to be able to give you great advice, because we don't know.

You should find someone in your area who specializes in this type of law and ask them. It's going to cost you a bit, but better than worrying about this for a few years.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:24 pm

I can say that I know at least one CU 1L with a card. I talked to a 2L who thought it wasn't a problem. I personally wouldn't risk it.

SaintsTheMetal

Postby SaintsTheMetal » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Even if you have a club card, it is still a federal crime.. I would think openly admitting to this would have some C&F ramifications. fyi, at least in CA, getting a club card puts you on a registry that I would bet the ABA has access to

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 am

Why are you asking us? If you want to know, go to an attorney.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:23 am

flem wrote:This is a super grey area, so I thought maybe I could get some info on here.

I'm looking at going to school out in Colorado, and I'd forgotten how many medical marijuana clinics there are out there. Since medical marijuana is such a legal grey area, does holding a medical marijuana card have any affect on the C&F portion of the bar exam? What if cited for marijuana possession without a card, which is about as severe as a parking ticket there?

I'm really just primarily interested because I can't find any info out there on it. It's such a new and grey area.

I personally always err on the side of caution with character and fitness stuff, but I'm very curious.

A fellow at my law school asked the head of the board of bar examiners for the state. He was told it was almost certainly not going to work- it is still violation of a federal law, after all.

reformed calvinist

Postby reformed calvinist » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:53 am

spleenworship wrote:
flem wrote:This is a super grey area, so I thought maybe I could get some info on here.

I'm looking at going to school out in Colorado, and I'd forgotten how many medical marijuana clinics there are out there. Since medical marijuana is such a legal grey area, does holding a medical marijuana card have any affect on the C&F portion of the bar exam? What if cited for marijuana possession without a card, which is about as severe as a parking ticket there?

I'm really just primarily interested because I can't find any info out there on it. It's such a new and grey area.

I personally always err on the side of caution with character and fitness stuff, but I'm very curious.

A fellow at my law school asked the head of the board of bar examiners for the state. He was told it was almost certainly not going to work- it is still violation of a federal law, after all.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”