Withdraw - mandatory?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ocuviper

Withdraw - mandatory?

Postby ocuviper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:23 am

Must one officially withdraw from all of the schools he/she chooses not to attend? Thanks!

bk1

Re: Withdraw - mandatory?

Postby bk1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 am

ocuviper wrote:Must one officially withdraw from all of the schools he/she chooses not to attend? Thanks!

Probably not since you miss putting down the deposit and that is basically you withdrawing, but I don't see why you wouldn't spend the 10 seconds per school it would take to draft a quick email.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:26 am

I believe you must withdraw from other schools that you were accepted at if and only if you had a binding ED at another school. It might be stipulated somewhere per the ED.

Otherwise, if non-binding acceptance, I think you should use those schools that you got into to negotiate a scholly at the one you want to go to. Anecdotally, this often works well with peer schools.

This sucks for people who are on the WL, but it is what it ain't.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 am

bk1 wrote:
ocuviper wrote:Must one officially withdraw from all of the schools he/she chooses not to attend? Thanks!

Probably not since you miss putting down the deposit and that is basically you withdrawing, but I don't see why you wouldn't spend the 10 seconds per school it would take to draft a quick email.

Oh, we must have read the question differently. (The OP is vague, so I guess that's where this comes from.)

I thought he meant, once he is accepted to the school of his choice, is it mandatory to withdraw from the others.

I think you read it as: do I have to withdraw from the schools that I'm not attending or will I automatically be withdrawn at the start of the semester.

Either way, carry on.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”