Updated transcript?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Geekolover

Updated transcript?

Postby Geekolover » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Just wondering if I should be sending in an updated transcript for my last quarter in undergrad. I received a 3.875 and my cumulative GPA is a 3.2 so I thought it would be good to send it. Since I only want to send it to my 2 waitlist schools, should I send it directly to them from my undergraduate institution or should I still send it through LSAC? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bronck

Re: Updated transcript?

Postby Bronck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Your GPA went up, so you might as well. Send it to LSAC.

Geekolover

Postby Geekolover » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Bronck wrote:Your GPA went up, so you might as well. Send it to LSAC.

If I send it to LSAC, won't they also send it to the schools that I've been rejected from? That's why I was thinking about sending it directly...

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Geekolover wrote:
Bronck wrote:Your GPA went up, so you might as well. Send it to LSAC.

If I send it to LSAC, won't they also send it to the schools that I've been rejected from? That's why I was thinking about sending it directly...

Why would this possibly matter if you've already been rejected...? Send it to LSAC: if you send it to LSAC, it increases your LSDAS GPA, which means that if the schools do choose to accept you from the WL, they can report the new GPA to USNWR. It's not like they're charging you for this -- it's an automatic update.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”