I just got an email from WUSTL reminding me that the first seat deposit is April 1st. I have no intention of going there, but I'm not ready to turn them down yet because I want to use their 114k scholarship offer to negotiate at schools I do want to go to. The deposit is refundable until May 1st, by which time I will have made a decision. (My top choice requires their first deposit by May 1st.) Should I send in the deposit so I can refund it later? Will that hurt my chances of getting a bigger scholarship at another school, or affect my decision at the one school I haven't yet heard from, NYU? Or is it not too late to ask for a decision extension? I'm worried that they will say no because of the refundable deposit clause.
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests