LOCI question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wisconsin2dc

LOCI question

Postby wisconsin2dc » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:58 pm

I was wait-listed at my top choice. After getting the email I sent them back a short email saying I would like to be placed on the wait list. After that I haven't heard anything, they said they would contact wait-listers in late March. Should I send LOCI now or wait to be contacted? Also if someone could give me a description of what a LOCI usually looks like, how long it should be, and what topics to cover in it, I would greatly appreciate it. Also does anyone know if visiting a school may have any affect on their decision? Any help would be much appreciated.

splitbrain

Re: LOCI question

Postby splitbrain » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 pm

How long ago did you request to be placed on the WL? If it has been over a month, I suggest sending in a LOCI.

wisconsin2dc wrote:Also does anyone know if visiting a school may have any affect on their decision?

There is a low probability of it helping but the general consensus is that it would not hurt unless you somehow managed to leave an extremely negative impression of yourself during a visit.

GatorCTS

Re: LOCI question

Postby GatorCTS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:29 am

I was waitlisted at one of my top choices and sent back the form the mailed me asking t place me on the waitlist. I still havent heard back from them but i sent an LOCI like 2 weeks ago. Search on here for LOCI. theres a really good thread on them somewhere. I used it to help me write mine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”