is it ok to take the LSAT after you are accepted?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sangr

is it ok to take the LSAT after you are accepted?

Postby sangr » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:14 pm

is there any policy for or against this?

danielhay11

Re: is it ok to take the LSAT after you are accepted?

Postby danielhay11 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 pm

sangr wrote:is there any policy for or against this?

No policy that I am aware of. In fact, I'm pretty sure a few people have retaken for scholarship leverage.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm an LSAT tutor, and I have taken the test after accepted to law school. My score on my initial test wasn't anything great (it was still good enough to become a private tutor). But some clients wanted someone with a higher score to be teaching them. So after tutoring for a long time, I realized that I could do much better than I did when I was a 0L. So I took a few official sittings and did excellent, so I use these records solely for purposes of (a) keeping up with the test to see how it changes, and stating sharp, and (b) having an official record to show my clients to prove that I indeed have the high scores that make me qualified (which I didn't initially have when I started tutoring).

R86

Postby R86 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:14 pm

:D
Last edited by R86 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:02 pm

People do this all the time. OP still could be taking the exam "for the sole purpose" of getting admitted into a better school next cycle.

Oklahoma2014

Postby Oklahoma2014 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

I took the LSAT in February after already being accepted to a school. However, before I even applied to any schools I asked each who would re-evaluate for scholarship with a later score after being accepted. If you are taking for that purpose, I would just ask the school you plan to attend if they will accept it.

Sounder89

Postby Sounder89 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:02 am

Sure, but in most cases it's probably not worth the added time or stress.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:52 am

Sounder89 wrote:Sure, but in most cases it's probably not worth the added time or stress.

I'm actually surprised more people don't retake in Feb or June to help with waitlists and/or scholarships.

R86 wrote:Certifying statement: You will be required to write and sign a certifying statement on your answer sheet attesting that the person taking the test is the person whose name appears on the answer sheet and that you are taking the test for the sole purpose of admission to law school. Failure to sign your answer sheet or to complete the certifying statement, or modifying the certifying statement in any way, will result in a hold on your file and possibly a delay in reporting your score.

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

I don't think they give a shit, but there is a policy in place that prohibits what you're suggesting.

If OP is retaking for purposes of getting of waitlists or trying to get scholarships, then he is taking the test for the purpose of admission to law school.

R86

Postby R86 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:52 pm

:D
Last edited by R86 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seancris

Postby seancris » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:54 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:People do this all the time. OP still could be taking the exam "for the sole purpose" of getting admitted into a better school next cycle.

This.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”