should i send a LOCI?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NomNom

should i send a LOCI?

Postby NomNom » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:39 am

My file has been complete at my top choice since December. I know a waitlist may be coming. I have other acceptances and deposits due by April 1 (some with grants and scholarships).

Is sending a LOCI considered bad form if I haven't been waitlisted yet? In my search of the forum some say send one if it has been 3 months.

kakaa001

Re: should i send a LOCI?

Postby kakaa001 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:46 am

NomNom wrote:My file has been complete at my top choice since December. I know a waitlist may be coming. I have other acceptances and deposits due by April 1 (some with grants and scholarships).

Is sending a LOCI considered bad form if I haven't been waitlisted yet? In my search of the forum some say send one if it has been 3 months.

Email admissions at the school and explain that your file has been complete since December and you are very much interested in their school. Unfortunately, seat deposits at other schools are due April 1st, and you would like to make as informed of a decision as possible. You understand it is an extremely busy time at such school, but is there any possible way they could check on the status of your application? Don't forget to thank them and be grateful.

This worked for me. My app went to decision rendered two days later.

NomNom

Re: should i send a LOCI?

Postby NomNom » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:59 am

kakaa001 wrote:
NomNom wrote:My file has been complete at my top choice since December. I know a waitlist may be coming. I have other acceptances and deposits due by April 1 (some with grants and scholarships).

Email admissions at the school and explain that your file has been complete since December and you are very much interested in their school. Unfortunately, seat deposits at other schools are due April 1st, and you would like to make as informed of a decision as possible. You understand it is an extremely busy time at such school, but is there any possible way they could check on the status of your application? Don't forget to thank them and be grateful.

This worked for me. My app went to decision rendered two days later.

Was it a GOOD decision that was rendered? :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”