Withdraw after accepting scholarship?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr.Binks

Withdraw after accepting scholarship?

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:46 am

I got accepted to OU and they offered me a mini scholly of 5k/year. I am going to put down the deposit, but I am retaking in June and if I do well enough, I'll withdraw my app.

I have to accept the scholly by March 31, though, so I was wondering if I'm still going to be able to withdraw my app after putting down the deposit and accepting the scholly. Anyone know?

Thanks!

PDaddy

Re: Withdraw after accepting scholarship?

Postby PDaddy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:04 am

You can withdraw when it's best for you, and you don't need to feel guilty about it. This is how the admissions game is played. Put the deposit down, take that LSAT, and leave your options as wide open as possible until you have solidified your decision. The school will find another deserving student to give the funds to.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:09 am

PDaddy wrote:You can withdraw when it's best for you, and you don't need to feel guilty about it. This is how the admissions game is played. Put the deposit down, take that LSAT, and leave your options as wide open as possible until you have solidified your decision. The school will find another deserving student to give the funds to.

Ah, okay. Thanks! I was just making sure accepting the scholly wasn't binding or anything.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:22 am

If you're worried, then tell OU admissions of your intentions. Hopefully, they will offer an increased scholarship. If not, then at least you can proceed with a clear conscience.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:34 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:If you're worried, then tell OU admissions of your intentions. Hopefully, they will offer an increased scholarship. If not, then at least you can proceed with a clear conscience.

Haha. I'm applying to law school. I have no conscience. :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”