Emailing Assistant Director of Admissions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GatorCTS

Emailing Assistant Director of Admissions

Postby GatorCTS » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:46 pm

One of the schools I applied to emailed me late yesterday afternoon saying that my app came out with "favorable reviews overall, but not with a decision as of yet."

Then he(assistant director of admissions) went on to ask what my interest was in the part time program at the school and to email him back with my interest and any questions I have about the program. So I have currently started a draft for the email and have been wondering how to address the person that I am replying to.

Do I start the email with "Dear Dean XYZ," or do I say "Dear Director XYZ,"? Currently my draft has Dear Dean XYZ, but I'm not sure if that would be right. Any help or insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

noleknight16

Re: Emailing Assistant Director of Admissions

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Even though your name says Gator, I'll still help you ;)

Really depends on how formal he is. Some may not even want Dean on there and instead Dear Mr./Mrs. XXX XXXX. I'd say Dear Dean XXXX, out of the two options you gave.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Dean and director are not the same position. Use his/her actual title.

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:30 pm

bdubs wrote:Dean and director are not the same position. Use his/her actual title.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

GatorCTS

Postby GatorCTS » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:31 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Even though your name says Gator, I'll still help you ;)

Really depends on how formal he is. Some may not even want Dean on there and instead Dear Mr./Mrs. XXX XXXX. I'd say Dear Dean XXXX, out of the two options you gave.

Haha thanks for the feedback even if you are a Nole. But I do like the US Soccer avatar. Big win for them on Wednesday!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”