Rec Letters Real Talk!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Geneva

Rec Letters Real Talk!

Postby Geneva » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 pm

My prof faxed in a rec letter at the beginning of the week and the LSAC still hasn't processed it. The first fax he sent was rejected bc it couldn't be read. Don't want to harrass him and ask him to send it a 3rd time, but also don't want to wait until next week (bc LSAC tells me that if it isn't processed by then it means the fax didn't go through) for it to be sent.
How long has it taken for other people's faxed recs to go through?

any feedback/advice would be HUGELY appreciated!

pret

Re: Rec Letters Real Talk!

Postby pret » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 pm

I faxed one of my LOR's. A few hours went by before I called to see if I could get it processed quickly. The LSAC lady told me it would take a few more days to process, but strangely enough, as SOON as I hung up, it had processed. My suspicion? She DID find my LOR and processed it, but for some reason didn't or couldn't tell me. One suggestion she told me I thought was helpful was scanning the LOR AND sending it via USPS, however this may not be helpful if time is of the essence.

I'd call and be a bit more assertive, definitely. Make sure they ask for your sender's name and your LSAC account information and all that. If they try and feed you the old, "Call back next week," if you're real desperate, lie and tell them a week had passed since you were last fed that line.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 pm

will the lsac take a scanned copy by email? the prof just offered to send it to lsac that way. can't find an address for that option hm

pret

Postby pret » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Perhaps the LOR was sent the incorrect fax number. Just in case, it's 215-504-1444.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”