C&F

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jared6180

C&F

Postby jared6180 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:51 am

I have 2 divorces(to the same person)
I have a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy (2004)
I have had traffic violations in the past, but none in the last 5-6 years.
I was arrested a couple times 2000-2002 for not paying traffic tickets.
License was suspended for a while because I didn't pay the tickets.
I have a MUCH better record now, and have no felonies.

Do I need to disclose ALL of this when I apply? I haven't started applications yet, but will after I take the June LSAT, just trying to be prepared.

I used to be an proud SOB back in the day. A month ago I got a parking ticket, at the county courthouse while paying my property taxes, and instead of blowing it off I just wrote a check right then and there and turned it in to the county so nothing could come of it. $8 just isn't worth the fight.

Gail

Re: C&F

Postby Gail » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 am

Depends on the application. Suspensions are kind of a grey area (because that's the punishment for too many tickets, not a crime itself).

The bar will ask you all of these things.

Disclose everything if you feel uneasy, ask an admissions office otherwise. You have an entire summer to formulate it. Don't stress too much about it.

fundamentallybroken

Re: C&F

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:26 am

Just pay attention to the questions asked on the application, and answer them honestly. Might need to disclose bankruptcy, probably won't need to disclose tickets, but will most likely need to disclose all arrests.

Oh, and don't marry the same person again. You just know it won't work out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”