Oversea transfer transcript?? Please help! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
linkin.l

New

Oversea transfer transcript?? Please help!

Post by linkin.l » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 am

I attended a Korean university for my freshman year and then transferred to a American one. I took over 15 courses (it's common in some Asian universities that they require you to take tons of courses although the course quality sucks and average grades are normally low) during that year but only three courses' credits were transferred (only credits are shown in my current transcript, no grades for the three courses).

I'm just a bit confused about whether I should send the Korean transcript to the LSAC. It seems that all undergraduate transcripts must be sent, but according to the quote (from the LSAC website) below, I don't need to send it because:
(1) I received my BA degree from a US university, not the Korean one.
(2) My study period at that Korean university isn't more than one year.

" You must have international transcripts, academic records, mark sheets, and degree certifications sent if:
you are applying to a law school that requires the authentication and evaluation feature of the Credential Assembly Service (CAS); and
you received your bachelor's degree from an institution outside of the United States, its territories, or Canada; or
you were directly enrolled at such an institution outside the US, its territories, or Canada, and the total amount of work you completed at all of these institutions combined is the equivalent of more than one year of undergraduate study in the United States, its territories, or Canada. "

I'm really worried abt this.... cuz I have a 3.9 GPA in my US university as well as a decent LSAT, but my score at the Korean university truly sucks. I don't want it to ruin my application, nor do I want to be considered as cheating or hiding academic history. So I'm asking for help... Is there anybody who has similar experience?

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Re: Oversea transfer transcript?? Please help!

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm not in your situation, but have you tried calling LSAC? Whenever I've called, they've been remarkably helpful.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”