Sending LOCIs from abroad - Email follow-up?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Real Madrid

Sending LOCIs from abroad - Email follow-up?

Postby Real Madrid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:29 am

So I recently (as in this weekend) sent LOCIs to two schools - one that held me and one that put me on its priority waitlist. I physically mailed them, but now I'm wondering if I should email a copy as well, as mail from this country back to the US has been known to take up to two or two-and-a-half weeks (and I know LOCIs are supposed to be received shortly after the hold/WL). Any advice?

AGooner11

Re: Sending LOCIs from abroad - Email follow-up?

Postby AGooner11 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 am

Bump. Relevant to my interests. I just did the same for three schools, and they should arrive in two weeks.

ringo

Postby ringo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Why did you mail them in the first place? Unless you have a good reason for that, you should send the email.

splitbrain

Postby splitbrain » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Just wait a couple more weeks or so and send another LOCI. They don't need to be sent more than once a month anyway, so it's really no big deal if you just wait and send an e-mail (not even a follow up).

ringo wrote:Why did you mail them in the first place? Unless you have a good reason for that, you should send the email.

The idea is that someone actually physically opens up your letter and reads it, but I think the notion that there's any huge difference between snail mail and e-mail LOCI's is a bit paranoid. Just e-mail 'em.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”