TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Ken... This resource is invaluable and I personally have benefitted greatly... But again... If your purpose was to tell the TLS community success can be had outside of law with a law degree.... Why did you title the OP "TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV"


You apologized but you act like people (basically me) misinterpreted your post... When in fact, it was the only interpretation.

"I don't mean to toot my own horn.... But BEEP BEEP"

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby kaiser » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 pm

nucky thompson wrote:Ken... This resource is invaluable and I personally have benefitted greatly... But again... If your purpose was to tell the TLS community success can be had outside of law with a law degree.... Why did you title the OP "TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV"


You apologized but you act like people (basically me) misinterpreted your post... When in fact, it was the only interpretation.

"I don't mean to toot my own horn.... But BEEP BEEP"


Do you have aspergers or something? Just let it go, man. Stop reverting to the same thing. You called him out and he apologized, yet you are still on him. Give it a rest and grow up a bit.

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:01 am

Haha... No I do not. It would be very easy to let it go if everyone (ken included) stopped acting the the OP is not blatant self promotion.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby kaiser » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:03 am

I guess now that I've read through some of your prior postings, I realize that you are just the insufferable type that no amount of reasoning can ever actually deal with anyway. So I'm not gonna bother. I'll just sit back and amusedly watch you do your thing.

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 am

Reason is actually very appealing to me... Which is why this thread has been so annoying

83947368
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby 83947368 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 am

.
Last edited by 83947368 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby ThreeRivers » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:42 am

nucky thompson wrote:Ken... This resource is invaluable and I personally have benefitted greatly... But again... If your purpose was to tell the TLS community success can be had outside of law with a law degree.... Why did you title the OP "TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV"


You apologized but you act like people (basically me) misinterpreted your post... When in fact, it was the only interpretation.

"I don't mean to toot my own horn.... But BEEP BEEP"

Dude... do you have issues????

At first I disagreed (but understood your point), Ken comes and says "sorry if it came off that way," and you still have issues?

You're just a miserable person (and I'd say that even if this was a random posted and not Ken)

edit: Also this is his place / invention. Do you yell at people if they wear their shoes on their carpet too?

User avatar
reformed calvinist
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby reformed calvinist » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 am

--ImageRemoved--

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:54 am

Sorry, the analogy does not hold. Ken apologized for being misinterpreted.... Not for writing a post titled "TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV" promoting the work he is doing/success he has had(is having)/linked to video of him being interviewed with a note "thanks for watching this..."/reposting a NYT article he posted in a thread a few days earlier...then at the end saying I ONLY WROTE THIS FOR YOU


Again... I respect ken for even replying. He does not need to apologize for anything on this website, as he is the king of the castle. But don't double down and say... It really was done for you, I was just misinterpreted!

User avatar
snailio
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby snailio » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 am

I think you need to read his post a little more carefully, see that word conflated?


In any event, great job Ken if I win the house raffle up in SV I'm using you as my agent to sell that sucker! :twisted:

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 am

At first I did not read the NYT article cause I felt pushed into it.... But I'm midway through it and I read this seemingly relevant nugget....


"...(referencing the man, KDL) who is finishing up a memoir about overcoming illness, injury, and loss that he calls 'Why do bad things happen to sexy people?'"



if his memoir is about bad things happening to him, is he calling himself sexy? I am really laughing out loud imagining how self absorbed this guy seems. I hope the title of his book is referencing sexy people in general, and that he is not throwing himself in that group

User avatar
snailio
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby snailio » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 am

Nucky this subliminal begging is not working, Ken isn't going to offer you a jerb.

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 am

Did some stalking on Kens old posts... I have found out ken is a cancer survivor. While I do not think this justifies the seemingly self-absorbed posts, I think I will dial it down. it is easy to get caught up in defending my rational responses to what I see as contradiction or inconsistency.... But in the end, life is much more enjoyable when we focus on the good things... good for you ken, you're a fighter that has survived cancer and led a very successful life. You're successful (sexy) and you know it.... Wiggle wiggle wiggle



But seriously... My apologies for being so adversarial, was just intellectually stimulating. Selfish of me.

lsatcrazy
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby lsatcrazy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 am

nucky thompson wrote:Did some stalking on Kens old posts... I have found out ken is a cancer survivor. While I do not think this justifies the seemingly self-absorbed posts, I think I will dial it down. it is easy to get caught up in defending my rational responses to what I see as contradiction or inconsistency.... But in the end, life is much more enjoyable when we focus on the good things... good for you ken, you're a fighter that has survived cancer and led a very successful life. You're successful (sexy) and you know it.... Wiggle wiggle wiggle



But seriously... My apologies for being so adversarial, was just intellectually stimulating. Selfish of me.

Image

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:00 am

lsatcrazy wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:Did some stalking on Kens old posts... I have found out ken is a cancer survivor. While I do not think this justifies the seemingly self-absorbed posts, I think I will dial it down. it is easy to get caught up in defending my rational responses to what I see as contradiction or inconsistency.... But in the end, life is much more enjoyable when we focus on the good things... good for you ken, you're a fighter that has survived cancer and led a very successful life. You're successful (sexy) and you know it.... Wiggle wiggle wiggle



But seriously... My apologies for being so adversarial, was just intellectually stimulating. Selfish of me.

Image



+1

User avatar
introversional
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby introversional » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Ken wrote:Dear TLS Community,

Thanks for the props from most. I did want to illustrate that you can be successful with a law degree even if you leave law (although I am not recommending leaving law, but other options exist) and I apologize if I came off as too promotional for others. I am proud of both my success and the TLS community and sorry if I conflated both when this was not necessary. Because the house has been beaten several times there is no need to respond.

I am very thankful that TLS has had such a positive impact for many. My goal in life is to create what I felt was missing and when I was applying to law schools there were very few books (which were costly) that contained detailed profiles of the top law schools, hence my creating the insightful profiles. But the real value the site adds is having such a collection of brilliant law students and applicants who utilize the forum to synergistically share their knowledge with others. Keep up the great work. I am cool with critique for that is how one continues to evolve.

Onward and upward,

Ken


Right on Ken. Now I do have something to add, which could carry TLS into an even more substantial space in the pre and post-legal community and market: TLS should develop it's own law school ranking system. It's the next natural progression - the empirical data is there, and it is continuosly being developed through users. This would make sense, and it's about time USNWR is replaced by something that's more in tune and connected to what really makes a top law school. I'd be happy to work on this project this summer. ;)

Scuppers
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:29 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby Scuppers » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Nucky: You got an 9 for righteousness but a 1 for execution. In other words: you Mtaled. I see Target in your future.

User avatar
Ken
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:22 am

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:34 am

I personally would give Fucky a 1 in both categories, but that is just interpretation.

I do appreciate being forgiven though since I did beat cancer. I was also hit by a car going 45 mph while walking on the sidewalk with my father right after I graduated from Berkeley Law. Coming close to death several times did throw away a few inhibitions.

Yes, I do believe in the greatness of myself and that of the TLS community. Why hide that I am thankful to be alive and proud of my success and hope others achieve personal success as well. I do not fear death, I fear living a mediocre life.

To the TLS community, live fully and for yourself. Cheers,

Ken

P.S.

Using Fucky instead of Nucky was very purposeful (see next few threads). It was too good to not use.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re:

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 am

Ken wrote:I personally would give Fucky a 1 in both categories, but that is just interpretation.

I do appreciate being forgiven though since I did beat cancer. I was also hit by a car going 45 mph while walking on the sidewalk with my father right after I graduated from Berkeley Law. Coming close to death several times did throw away a few inhibitions.

Yes, I do believe in the greatness of myself and that of the TLS community. Why hide that I am thankful to be alive and proud of my success and hope others achieve personal success as well. I do not fear death, I fear living a mediocre life.

To the TLS community, live fully and for yourself. Cheers,

Ken


Holy crap I am quoting this Freudian slip for posterity.

He called Nucky, Fucky.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: Re:

Postby 062914123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:38 am

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:40 am

Pretty sure. Ken comes off as pretty polished on these boards. Don't think he'd drop an F bomb.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby 062914123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:42 am

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 am

I'm LOLing either way.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 am

This thread is awesome.

Ken, congratulations, as an international student, I googled a forum where law school applicants gather and first found http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org. I was frustrated, because there were only 3 people posting actively and I could not see any useful information at all. One day, one of the posts mentioned "those assholes on TLS", which led me here and according to many I have become one of the described, but meanwhile, I found all I could be looking for w/r/t law school application process and I feel I gained a lot during my time here.

So, thank you for making our chances of not living mediocre lives a bit higher.

User avatar
Jaeger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby Jaeger » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 am

Image




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Mullens, packerboy31489 and 4 guests