TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Ken
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:22 am

TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby Ken » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 am

Dear TLS Community,

Hello!! For those who do not know me, I am the proud founder of TLS. I am so impressed with the caliber of our community as it has become by far the preeminent site for the law school and pre-law community.

While for several years I was a successful intellectual property attorney at the largest firm in Silicon Valley, I followed my passion for real estate. In 9 short years I have become one of or the top agent in America (out of 1.2 million based on amazingly high sales volume). My law degree allowed me to achieve this success in the related field of real estate, so attending a top law school (and what is a top law school is subjective) can be a great outcome even if you end up not practicing law (but try to avoid amassing huge debt).

Today I was on nationwide TV (Fox Business) discussing Facebook's impact upon the Silicon Valley real estate market as I have had the privilege of working with brilliant Facebook executives in finding epic homes. In the last 2 weeks I was on national TV and on the front page of the NYtimes.com.

Thank you TLS members for being such an amazing community that I am so proud to have founded. While quite busy in real estate I check in on TLS often and love the intense brilliance of our online community. Think of how many future Supreme Court Clerks are on this site as the most brilliant students are drawn to TLS.

Thanks for watching my nationwide live interview today:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/14721576 ... t_id=87185

My New York Times Article (sorry for those few who saw this a few days earlier):

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/09/us/ca ... aires.html

I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

User avatar
sach1282
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby sach1282 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 am

First in a Ken thread?

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else think about skipping law school and focusing on real estate every time Ken posts?

User avatar
reformed calvinist
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby reformed calvinist » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks Ken!

User avatar
sach1282
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby sach1282 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice avatar :)

User avatar
reformed calvinist
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby reformed calvinist » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:13 pm

sach1282 wrote:Nice avatar :)


hehe same to you

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby dextermorgan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:14 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think about skipping law school and focusing on real estate every time Ken posts?

Especially when you read the articles about how much he has made. :shock:

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Ken wrote:
I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon



Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby vpintz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:46 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:
I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon



Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"

Dude, there's no need to be an asshole about it.

Ken: congrats, and thanks.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby kaiser » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:49 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:
I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon



Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"


You know how they say a man can do whatever he wants in his house? Well TLS is Ken's house because he built it, and he can do whatever he wants here. So no need to call him out for little things like that.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby Geetar Man » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:59 pm

kaiser wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:
I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon



Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"


You know how they say a man can do whatever he wants in his house? Well TLS is Ken's house because he built it, and he can do whatever he wants here. So no need to call him out for little things like that.


TCR. If this was your website, then you could do whatever you please.

Congrats, Ken! I'm sure you've worked hard and deserve what you've earned.

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:01 pm

I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby shoeshine » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:05 pm

nucky thompson wrote:Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"

Shut up

Do your thing Ken.

Image

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby kaiser » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:07 pm

nucky thompson wrote:I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"


And perhaps it was a bit disingenuous. All we said is that you don't need to call him out for little shit like that.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby Geetar Man » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:10 pm

kaiser wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"


And perhaps it was a bit disingenuous. All we said is that you don't need to call him out for little shit like that.

nkp007
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nkp007 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:12 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:
I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon



Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"


Not everything is a CR multiple choice.

Thanks for creating this website Ken!

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby suits00 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:16 pm

.
Last edited by suits00 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby shoeshine » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:17 pm

suits00 wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"


I don't see how anyone can argue with you. Whether he's great or not, what you say is the truth.

It was basically, "I'm so great, I'm amazing, me me me, I I I, look at my accomplishments, look at these links that show how great I am, THANK YOU TLS COMMUNITY." lol

He has much to be proud of, but I wouldn't suggest announcing it under the guise of a thank you letter to the TLS community.

Seriously? No one cares what you think.

Ken can do whatever he wants.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby kaiser » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:20 pm

suits00 wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"


I don't see how anyone can argue with you. Whether he's great or not, what you say is the truth.

It was basically, "I'm so great, I'm amazing, me me me, I I I, look at my accomplishments, look at these links that show how great I am, THANK YOU TLS COMMUNITY." lol

He has much to be proud of, but I wouldn't suggest announcing it under the guise of a thank you letter to the TLS community.


Why would it be wrong for him to post about his accomplishments on his own website, which he created? He gets leeway here that any other poster normally wouldn't. What you would or would not "suggest" to him is of no consequence. Like I said, this is his house, and we are guests.

User avatar
20121109
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby 20121109 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Can you guys stop ruining what is supposed to be a cute and happy thread?

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby sunynp » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:23 pm

nucky thompson wrote:I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"

How do you know what he really thinks? Are you a mind reader or just jealous?

Thanks for creating TLS Ken!

nucky thompson
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby nucky thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:24 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Can you guys stop ruining what is supposed to be a cute and happy thread?

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.



If anything we are doing ken a favor - he clearly wanted the attention... Our responses are bumping this thread

User avatar
Jaeger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby Jaeger » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Is this the wrong place to ask for handouts? I tried the search function but I didn't see anything.

User avatar
20121109
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby 20121109 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:29 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Can you guys stop ruining what is supposed to be a cute and happy thread?

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.



If anything we are doing ken a favor - he clearly wanted the attention... Our responses are bumping this thread


You can bump the thread two ways:

This way
reformed calvinist wrote:Thanks Ken!


or

Your way

nucky thompson wrote:Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"


Which one ruins nice things?

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Postby moneybagsphd » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 pm

suits00 wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"


I don't see how anyone can argue with you. Whether he's great or not, what you say is the truth.

It was basically, "I'm so great, I'm amazing, me me me, I I I, look at my accomplishments, look at these links that show how great I am, THANK YOU TLS COMMUNITY." lol

He has much to be proud of, but I wouldn't suggest announcing it under the guise of a thank you letter to the TLS community.

You're an idiot.
Great interview, Ken. You totally nailed it.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests