Increase chances of getting accepted although APP is late

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
johnny2012

Increase chances of getting accepted although APP is late

Postby johnny2012 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 am

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has had a similar experience or anyone that has any knowledge on the subject matter. West Virginia University law is going to receive my CAS report late due to one of my recommender's letter arriving so late at LSAC. WVU law states on their website that they must receive the CAS report by the March 1st deadline and that any applications received afterwards would only be considered under exceptional circumstances. Well, my circumstances aren't exceptional other than the fact that I severely misjudged U.S. mail and LSAC's processing time. I have an average LSAT score and GPA. I believed I had a good shot of getting into WVU though because although I am not a WV resident, I had taken classes at an affiliate school of WVU and live right on the boarder of WV, and WVU likes to take care of their own (and those close to their own, like me). All of this is irrelevant though because my application will be considered late.

So, to my actual question. Is there any chance in hell I could still be considered for WVU law even though they won't receive my CAS report until after the March 1st deadline? Is there anything I can do that will increase my chances of being accepted or anything I can do to have my application considered? Or is there no chance and I shouldn't even bother clicking submit and save myself the $65? Any advice would be great! WVU was a major option for me, I have many friends who go there for undergrad and I love the morgantown area. I'm becoming very upset as the idea of not being accepted due to something silly like my CAS report arriving late is settling in.

bmore

Re: Increase chances of getting accepted although APP is late

Postby bmore » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:49 am

Increase your chances. Hold on and apply early for next year.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:07 am

Let's say you get accepted. At this point in the game, there's probably not much left in the way of scholarship money. I would reapply next year, super early like around October.

KingsBench

Postby KingsBench » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Well let's face it, you have to face up to your errors this cycle and just wait it out a year and reapply. In the upcoming year, do something amazing while you're still young, retake and aim to get higher schools money.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”