lor from law school professor Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
senorhosh

Bronze

lor from law school professor

Post by senorhosh » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:27 am

We have a visiting law professor teaching at our school. Will a LOR from him look better than a standard LOR? The reason i ask is his class is a bit more difficult than another class i could take, and I'm not sure if it will be worth it.

(I took his class before and did get an A but worked pretty hard for it.)

AreJay711

Gold

Re: lor from law school professor

Post by AreJay711 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:31 am

Any hard class that you get an A in would be good and I can't imagine that this would be worse. Plus obviously a law professor would be in a better position to evaluate you than most other undergrad professors sou it could turn out to be better. If the real questions is whether this matters at all then the answer is probably no.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:35 pm

AreJay711 wrote:If the real questions is whether this matters at all then the answer is probably no.
Second that. It will serve as a good LoR, but not an outstanding one.

aekea

Bronze

Post by aekea » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm

One of my letters was from a law professor at my UG and it was very strong, but not because he was a law professor. What matters is how well the professor knows you, knows your work, and how enthusiastic they are about recommending you. If they're a law professor that might be a small plus because they will be slightly more credible when discussing your qualifications for law school than other professors might be, but overall it's not going to make a real difference.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”