Personally Deliver LOCI? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rma

Bronze

Personally Deliver LOCI?

Post by rma » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:22 pm

I've read that it's better to snail mail LOCIs than to e-mail because snail mail indicates more effort (among other reasons).

That being said, has anyone personally given the admissions office their LOCI? I've been waitlisted at my top choice, and the school is a relatively short drive from my house so it really isn't a problem for me to give it to them personally.

Is this appropriate, or is that going over the top? Will I seem desperate by doing such a thing?

Any advice would help.

Thanks.

johansantana21

Silver

Re: Personally Deliver LOCI?

Post by johansantana21 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Oh god

rma

Bronze

Post by rma » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 pm

johansantana21 wrote:Oh god
Just say, "it's a bad idea". No need to be a dick about it.

Only reason I asked is because I read somewhere where someone personally delivered their UVA ED agreement, met with the dean, and was accepted later that day.

Regardless, it was just something that came to mind so I thought I'd ask. Don't be an asshole with your response. The whole idea is to give 0Ls like us some advice/input and responses like that are only going to discourage 0Ls from posting.

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 pm

rma wrote:

Only reason I asked is because I read somewhere where someone personally delivered their UVA ED agreement, met with the dean, and was accepted later that day.

Regardless, it was just something that came to mind so I thought I'd ask. Don't be an asshole with your response. The whole idea is to give 0Ls like us some advice/input and responses like that are only going to discourage 0Ls from posting.
Hey you are overreacting...Don't just flip out on this thread~ :(

I think bringing ED contract is somewhat different from LOCI in terms of its importance and impact. You can personally arrange an appointment with admin officer through e-mail in advance. Have a good conversation(plus several good questions) with him/her. Then, you turn in your LOCI through snail mail based on your impression and interview with the officer. Simply I lol at first because it could look like you turning in an unassigned paper :D Don't have to create an awkward moment!

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 pm

The appropriate response regardless of OP's sensitivities.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rma

Bronze

Post by rma » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:23 pm

lovejopd wrote:
rma wrote:

Hey you are overreacting...Don't just flip out on this thread~ :(

I think bringing ED contract is somewhat different from LOCI in terms of its importance and impact. You can personally arrange an appointment with admin officer through e-mail in advance. Have a good conversation(plus several good questions) with him/her. Then, you turn in your LOCI through snail mail based on your impression and interview with the officer. Simply I lol at first because it could look like you turning in an unassigned paper :D Don't have to create an awkward moment!
Fair enough. Thanks for the advice.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Yea. Just email it, guy.

Tadatsune

Bronze

Post by Tadatsune » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Ha!

Drop it off at the admissions office. Absolutely no one will care. I did for one of my addenda since I was in the area. Just don't "make an appointment" or similar bullshit.

Stop over thinking things or you'll give yourself a stroke.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”