UCLA Pre-Decision LOCI Advice?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
PR-0927
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:52 am

UCLA Pre-Decision LOCI Advice?

Postby PR-0927 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:50 pm

UCLA is currently my top choice. 171 LSAT, 3.76 LSDAS GPA. I submitted sometime in mid-January (took the December 2011 LSAT and was waiting for the new score). No decision as of yet. Would it be stupid/too early/harmful to send in a LOCI to emphasize that I REALLY want to go there? Even if I get into T-14s, UCLA trumps them all. I know it's only been a little over a month, but I don't want to regret not doing it if I don't get in.

Thought I had a chance at U.C. Berkeley, but was dinged, as were others with far more impressive numbers (ridiculous). Stanford is obviously not going to happen either, so UCLA is my top choice. Kind of was all along.

So far U.C. Irvine is looking like my top choice. Haven't heard from USC yet, but if I get accepted there and denied from UCLA, I'm going to have a hell of a time deciding between U.C. Irvine and USC. What are my chances, you guys think? Not URM here. Took LSAT three times (159, 159, 171) and had to take a year off after graduation to get the better LSAT score.

Here's my LSN profile for more info:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/pr0927
Last edited by PR-0927 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PR-0927
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:52 am

Re: UCLA LOCI Advice?

Postby PR-0927 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Man, am I asking advice for something strange? Surely people have considered sending LOCIs out early and whatnot. Would love any input on this, por favor!

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: UCLA Pre-Decision LOCI Advice?

Postby moneybagsphd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:16 pm

PR-0927 wrote:UCLA is currently my top choice. 171 LSAT, 3.76 LSDAS GPA. I submitted sometime in mid-January (took the December 2011 LSAT and was waiting for the new score). No decision as of yet. Would it be stupid/too early/harmful to send in a LOCI to emphasize that I REALLY want to go there? Even if I get into T-14s, UCLA trumps them all. I know it's only been a little over a month, but I don't want to regret not doing it if I don't get in.

Thought I had a chance at U.C. Berkeley, but was dinged, as were others with far more impressive numbers (ridiculous). Stanford is obviously not going to happen either, so UCLA is my top choice. Kind of was all along.

So far U.C. Irvine is looking like my top choice. Haven't heard from USC yet, but if I get accepted there and denied from UCLA, I'm going to have a hell of a time deciding between U.C. Irvine and USC. What are my chances, you guys think? Not URM here. Took LSAT three times (159, 159, 171) and had to take a year off after graduation to get the better LSAT score.

Here's my LSN profile for more info:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/pr0927

Yes. /thread

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: UCLA Pre-Decision LOCI Advice?

Postby mcdeeremitch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Fwiw I sent an loci to my SUPER reach school that amounted to a why xxx loci I don't think it helped too much because I was dinged but like I said it was a way long shot but my rationale was I would rather send it and not get in then the other way around and constantly wonder would it have made a difference..the advice that people gave me is that ts not recommended to send me in ore decision but as long u don't come off as a super weirdo it really won't hurt u...so while it may not help u I think it's it's worth it if u can craft a well written letter IMO

User avatar
PR-0927
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:52 am

Re: UCLA Pre-Decision LOCI Advice?

Postby PR-0927 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:23 am

moneybagsphd wrote:
PR-0927 wrote:UCLA is currently my top choice. 171 LSAT, 3.76 LSDAS GPA. I submitted sometime in mid-January (took the December 2011 LSAT and was waiting for the new score). No decision as of yet. Would it be stupid/too early/harmful to send in a LOCI to emphasize that I REALLY want to go there? Even if I get into T-14s, UCLA trumps them all. I know it's only been a little over a month, but I don't want to regret not doing it if I don't get in.

Thought I had a chance at U.C. Berkeley, but was dinged, as were others with far more impressive numbers (ridiculous). Stanford is obviously not going to happen either, so UCLA is my top choice. Kind of was all along.

So far U.C. Irvine is looking like my top choice. Haven't heard from USC yet, but if I get accepted there and denied from UCLA, I'm going to have a hell of a time deciding between U.C. Irvine and USC. What are my chances, you guys think? Not URM here. Took LSAT three times (159, 159, 171) and had to take a year off after graduation to get the better LSAT score.

Here's my LSN profile for more info:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/pr0927

Yes. /thread



Wow that bad, huh? Guess I was asking something which was common sense to most.

Well, here's hoping I get in and don't have to even deal with this LOCI stuff. If they keep delaying their decision for months, would a LOCI be appropriate?

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: UCLA Pre-Decision LOCI Advice?

Postby moneybagsphd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 am

PR-0927 wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:
PR-0927 wrote:UCLA is currently my top choice. 171 LSAT, 3.76 LSDAS GPA. I submitted sometime in mid-January (took the December 2011 LSAT and was waiting for the new score). No decision as of yet. Would it be stupid/too early/harmful to send in a LOCI to emphasize that I REALLY want to go there? Even if I get into T-14s, UCLA trumps them all. I know it's only been a little over a month, but I don't want to regret not doing it if I don't get in.

Thought I had a chance at U.C. Berkeley, but was dinged, as were others with far more impressive numbers (ridiculous). Stanford is obviously not going to happen either, so UCLA is my top choice. Kind of was all along.

So far U.C. Irvine is looking like my top choice. Haven't heard from USC yet, but if I get accepted there and denied from UCLA, I'm going to have a hell of a time deciding between U.C. Irvine and USC. What are my chances, you guys think? Not URM here. Took LSAT three times (159, 159, 171) and had to take a year off after graduation to get the better LSAT score.

Here's my LSN profile for more info:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/pr0927

Yes. /thread



Wow that bad, huh? Guess I was asking something which was common sense to most.

Well, here's hoping I get in and don't have to even deal with this LOCI stuff. If they keep delaying their decision for months, would a LOCI be appropriate?

It's hard, but be patient. Your numbers are good for UCLA.

User avatar
PR-0927
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:52 am

Re: UCLA Pre-Decision LOCI Advice?

Postby PR-0927 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:47 am

Thanks - much appreciated on the optimism. Hoping for the best - I wake up anxious every day hoping to hear something positive about it.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mintme, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests