Pass/Fail Class Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Largo219

New

Pass/Fail Class

Post by Largo219 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:37 am

Before you tell me to do a TLS search, this isn't a typical pass/fail question. I was thinking of taking one of my classes this semester as a pass/fail (creative writing elective to fill unit requirements for degree). If I am waitlisted at a school and I decide to send them my spring semester grades, will it hurt me that I took a class P/F?

dproduct

Gold

Re: Pass/Fail Class

Post by dproduct » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:58 am

Largo219 wrote:Before you tell me to do a TLS search, this isn't a typical pass/fail question. I was thinking of taking one of my classes this semester as a pass/fail (creative writing elective to fill unit requirements for degree). If I am waitlisted at a school and I decide to send them my spring semester grades, will it hurt me that I took a class P/F?
I believe you're limited to two self-selected P/F classes. That is, you can choose two courses which have the option for both P/F and a letter grade and have your GPA remain intact (assuming you pass).

In any case, I took 2 and it did not influence my LSAC GPA whatsoever.

If this is an appearance thing (as in, you're concerned they will think less of you) perhaps it's a poor choice. It is creative writing class, seems like an easy GPA-boosting A to me. Either way, it shouldn't really do much one way or another assuming you pass/get an A.

cutecarmel

Silver

Post by cutecarmel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 am

Largo219 wrote:Before you tell me to do a TLS search, this isn't a typical pass/fail question. I was thinking of taking one of my classes this semester as a pass/fail (creative writing elective to fill unit requirements for degree). If I am waitlisted at a school and I decide to send them my spring semester grades, will it hurt me that I took a class P/F?
You are thinking too much into this.
No.

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:26 am

Edit: nevermind.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”