2 questions about application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rglifberg

Bronze

2 questions about application

Post by rglifberg » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Ok so #1: Can I fully submit my application without an LSAT score (waiting on Feb. score) and then have the score sent once it is reported?

#2: I was academically suspended from school as a freshman. During the apps they ask about this and I selected "Yes." This follows: If your answer to this question is YES, please read the following carefully. You MUST include by electronic attachment to this application a full statement of relevant facts for each incident. In addition to your written account of the incident(s), you MUST furnish the College of Law with copies of all official documents explaining the final disposition of the proceedings. Sooo I know I have to attach a statement explaining my situation, but do I have to attach documents explaining the final disposition? I feel like that would pertain to people who were in disciplinary trouble. I guess the final disposition would be that I was academically suspended? Kind of self explanatory? Thanks in advance!

cutecarmel

Silver

Re: 2 questions about application

Post by cutecarmel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:07 am

1. I don't think so. LSAC might not let you submit.

2. Include everything.

Are you applying for Fall 2012? If so, I seriously suggest that you wait until next cycle to apply. Even with a good LSAT score, the suspension is probably going to look bad for you. At a time in the cycle where there are few seats left to be filled, schools are being less lenient as to who they will accept. If you apply early next cycle, your chances are much better for being admitted.

rglifberg

Bronze

Re: 2 questions about application

Post by rglifberg » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 am

cutecarmel wrote:1. I don't think so. LSAC might not let you submit.

2. Include everything.

Are you applying for Fall 2012? If so, I seriously suggest that you wait until next cycle to apply. Even with a good LSAT score, the suspension is probably going to look bad for you. At a time in the cycle where there are few seats left to be filled, schools are being less lenient as to who they will accept. If you apply early next cycle, your chances are much better for being admitted.
Okay thanks that's what I thought. I'm going to give it a shot for this cycle although I am not very confident about the outcome. I'm also not very confident about how well I did on the LSAT either,so most likely I will be waiting until next cycle, but I'm still giving it a shot this cycle. Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”