Money to syracuse Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
matt690

New

Money to syracuse

Post by matt690 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:33 am

So far I've gotten into:

UMiami
Villanova
St. Johns

I didn't receive money to St. John's, but they said I could write a really good letter and they would reconsider and reevaluate me.

My stats are: 3.9 gpa and 155 lsat. SU Alumni.

Any chance I may get some money to SU? It seems as some people with a 156 or 157 but much lower gpa received money in the past. Is this a school that would work with me if I wasn't to receive any and met or wrote to someone? Thanks.

Clearly

Gold

Re: Money to syracuse

Post by Clearly » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:29 am

Any chance in convincing you to retake? I would kill for your GPA, and the LSAT, while hard, is very much learn-able. You could pick up a bunch of points and be asking about money to Cornell instead...

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Re: Money to syracuse

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Any chance in convincing you to retake? I would kill for your GPA, and the LSAT, while hard, is very much learn-able. You could pick up a bunch of points and be asking about money to Cornell instead...
How about UB? In-state tuition and similar job prospects to SU without the huge debt.

Also like the retake idea. 167 and you have a decent shot at Cornell. As you improve from there, your chances at higher ranked schools will increase.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”