How would LSAC handle course withdrawals such as these???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cherylann

How would LSAC handle course withdrawals such as these???

Postby cherylann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:55 pm

I had a question about Course Withdrawals that I was wondering if someone could please help me with. I have had a number of course withdrawals on my undergraduate transcript due to having to withdrawal for medical reasons (circumstance beyond my control). It is just W's on my transcript, therefore, they are not punitive since they havent affected my school gpa and on the transcript it clearly states that Withdrawals (regular W's are not factored in). However, on the transcript it lists total attempted hours, and therefore, doesnt LSAC count failure as credit attempted but not earned? So because my transcript says this, am I doomed? anyone else been in this situation? if so, how did LSAC treat your W's???

lovejopd

Re: How would LSAC handle course withdrawals such as these???

Postby lovejopd » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 pm

cherylann wrote:I had a question about Course Withdrawals that I was wondering if someone could please help me with. I have had a number of course withdrawals on my undergraduate transcript due to having to withdrawal for medical reasons (circumstance beyond my control). It is just W's on my transcript, therefore, they are not punitive since they havent affected my school gpa and on the transcript it clearly states that Withdrawals (regular W's are not factored in). However, on the transcript it lists total attempted hours, and therefore, doesnt LSAC count failure as credit attempted but not earned? So because my transcript says this, am I doomed? anyone else been in this situation? if so, how did LSAC treat your W's???

Don't worry. I have one W(non-punitive) and LSAC did not count, so i did not affect my GPA

cherylann

Postby cherylann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks so much for all your help. But on your transcript did it still list attempted credits for the Withdrawal?

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:18 pm

cherylann wrote:Thanks so much for all your help. But on your transcript did it still list attempted credits for the Withdrawal?

I am not 100% sure. Take a look at another thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125361

suits00

Postby suits00 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:23 pm

cherylann wrote:I had a question about Course Withdrawals that I was wondering if someone could please help me with. I have had a number of course withdrawals on my undergraduate transcript due to having to withdrawal for medical reasons (circumstance beyond my control). It is just W's on my transcript, therefore, they are not punitive since they havent affected my school gpa and on the transcript it clearly states that Withdrawals (regular W's are not factored in). However, on the transcript it lists total attempted hours, and therefore, doesnt LSAC count failure as credit attempted but not earned? So because my transcript says this, am I doomed? anyone else been in this situation? if so, how did LSAC treat your W's???

If you have so many W's that the admissions committees of the schools you're applying to would be like, "What the f--k is going on here?", then you may want to briefly explain the reasons in an addendum. Remember, you don't want to leave them with too many unanswered questions. And since it was medical reasons beyond your control, it can't hurt. In fact, it may even be a positive because it would show that you were able to work through your issues and still succeed in the end.

P.S. LSAC just sends your applications out; it's the individual admissions committees of the schools your applying to that matter.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”