FIU and February LSAT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
romanista

FIU and February LSAT

Postby romanista » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Hello all. I'm in need of some advice about applying to FIU and UM. My LSAT scores are 147 (Oct 2010) and 149 (Dec 2011) and I have a 3.3 GPA. I recently took the February LSAT and have a feeling that I did much better. My December score was the result of losing track of time during the reading section so I scored lower than I expected. My highest practice exam yielded a 155. So my question is should I wait for my February score to be released before applying to these schools? I have a feeling that I must have gotten at least a 152 on the February exam but obviously I cannot be sure. The alternative would be to apply now but I don't want to be waitlisted or denied and then find out that my February LSAT would be enough to keep me on the waitlist at least.

Thank you for your time.

No13baby

Re: FIU and February LSAT

Postby No13baby » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:35 pm

1. Do not, do not, do not apply to FIU.
2. Wait until next year to apply. You're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage both for being accepted and for getting scholarship money by applying so late. Get your LSAT score back, have all your materials ready, and apply in September - your chances wherever you apply will be much better.

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:42 pm

No13baby wrote:1. Do not, do not, do not apply to FIU.
2. Wait until next year to apply. You're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage both for being accepted and for getting scholarship money by applying so late. Get your LSAT score back, have all your materials ready, and apply in September - your chances wherever you apply will be much better.

+1

Especially to #1

Do not, do not, do not apply to FIU.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:34 pm

iShotFirst wrote:
No13baby wrote:1. Do not, do not, do not apply to FIU.

+1

Especially to #1

Do not, do not, do not apply to FIU.

Off topic, but I adore your username/avatar combo.

And +1 to the advice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”