Interview

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OhioU26

Interview

Postby OhioU26 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm

I have an Alumni interview for Case Western this coming Monday. Do these interviews carry a lot of weight for the admission process? They have given me the options of skype or in person, I am assuming the in person interview would probably be better, am I wrong? Any tips/possible questions you think they will ask? Thanks everyone

landla

Re: Interview

Postby landla » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:11 pm

I don't know about this school in particular, but I'm going to suggest an in person interview. Skype is great until something goes wrong, so if you can be there in person, do so. (Also, they know about where you live, so they know whether you can be there - unless you tell them that you are away or abroad or such. Not doing so may be seen as a lack of interest and dedication unless otherwise explained.)

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:13 pm

OhioU26 wrote:I am assuming the in person interview would probably be better, am I wrong?

No, you're not wrong. Would you rather a first date in person or over Skype? Exactly.

OhioU26

Postby OhioU26 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:13 am

haha good point... im scheduled for in person, any idea what questions they could ask? and does anyone have any idea how much this weighs on the admission decision?

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:19 pm

OhioU26 wrote:haha good point... im scheduled for in person, any idea what questions they could ask? and does anyone have any idea how much this weighs on the admission decision?

They're likely to ask you questions based on your past experience-- interesting work/school experiences listed on your resume or on your personal statement. Likewise, they may ask you some Case Western-specific questions. It's helpful if you review your app materials and brush up on what Case Western has to offer (clinics, classes, etc.)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”