Commuting to St.John's from Midtown Manhattan Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
victortsoi

Bronze

Commuting to St.John's from Midtown Manhattan

Post by victortsoi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Hello all,

I live right by the F line in midtown, about 25-30 min from the Kew Gardens stop. St.Johns says that they have a shuttle bus to the campus if I can catch it....
People are saying it might be an hour commute, hopefully less. Is this realistic? Will the commute kill me?

Bgibbs

New

Re: Commuting to St.John's from Midtown Manhattan

Post by Bgibbs » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:14 am

I'm an undergrad at STJ right now. It'll be around an hour commute, depending on whether or not you catch the shuttle or how long you have to wait for a bus. The Q46 picks up at the Kew Gardens station and will take you to right to campus essentially. It's possible to do this but I wouldn't recommend it; living in Manhattan I'm sure you can appreciate the annoyances with public transit and I know that I personally would never make it to class. You may be different, but either way the commute is going to suck.

victortsoi

Bronze

Re: Commuting to St.John's from Midtown Manhattan

Post by victortsoi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 pm

That's crappy to hear.. Evaluating my safeties is going to be a b*tch, between seton hall which I can get to in 25 min, albeit terrified of getting knifed on the way, and stj, which is in a nice area but so so far from the rest of my life.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”