Aample Program

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Drjames

Aample Program

Postby Drjames » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:50 pm

I just got accepted to the May 2012 AAMPLE Program. I need advice on succeeding in this program. Since, I have few months to start, what can do to get ready?

franklyscarlet

Re: Aample Program

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Drjames wrote:I just got accepted to the May 2012 AAMPLE Program. I need advice on succeeding in this program. Since, I have few months to start, what can do to get ready?

Sorry bud. Everyone is going to tell you not to do this. Just preparing you.

Drjames

Postby Drjames » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm

How should I prepare? Do you suggest any readings?

No13baby

Postby No13baby » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Drjames wrote:How should I prepare?

Drop out.

alisonmonahan

Postby alisonmonahan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:24 pm

You could try a standard book, such as Law School Confidential or Getting to Maybe.

Beyond that, I'd caution you to give really serious thought to your job prospects upon graduation, if you're taking out loans to go to law school (assuming you get in via the program).

tguer1

Postby tguer1 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 am

Hey dr james don't listen to these people, if it is the only way too get into law school, do it. In fact I just got accepted in the AAMPLE program and I'm glad I did.

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 am

This has reached trolling of epic proportions. This is a bad idea.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 12:00 pm

tguer1 wrote:Hey dr james don't listen to these people, if it is the only way too get into law school, do it. In fact I just got accepted in the AAMPLE program and I'm glad I did.

You won't be glad you did it in three years when you graduate with a pile of debt and no job

Band A Long

Postby Band A Long » Tue May 08, 2012 12:01 pm

goldeneye wrote:This has reached trolling of epic proportions. This is a bad idea.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue May 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Wily

Postby Wily » Tue May 08, 2012 12:09 pm

tguer1 wrote:Hey dr james don't listen to these people, if it is the only way too get into law school, do it. In fact I just got accepted in the AAMPLE program and I'm glad I did.

Tguer, since you didn't answer in the other thread, I'll ask my question for you again. I'm genuinely curious about your answer.

I'm just curious why you want to go to law school at your age and current career situation. With a securities background and having worked as a stockbroker, I assume you can make a lot more income going back to work as a stockbroker or securities adviser than you will coming out of law school in 3 years. You are aware that from schools like Phoenix, even if you are lucky enough to find a JD-required job (which 50% of grads are not), your most likely salary will be in $40k to $60k range? And you'll have paid $120k-$180k, either from your savings or loans, for the privilege of making such a salary?

It just seems to be an absolutely terrible economic decision, even if you practice for 10-15 years out of law school before you retire (i.e. until you're 75). Although I'm much younger than you and don't know your exact situation, it seems like law school will be a lot of stress and financial hardship for almost no returns. I would seriously reconsider.

presidentk1

Postby presidentk1 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Wily wrote:

Tguer, since you didn't answer in the other thread, I'll ask my question for you again. I'm genuinely curious about your answer.

I'm just curious why you want to go to law school at your age and current career situation. With a securities background and having worked as a stockbroker, I assume you can make a lot more income going back to work as a stockbroker or securities adviser than you will coming out of law school in 3 years. You are aware that from schools like Phoenix, even if you are lucky enough to find a JD-required job (which 50% of grads are not), your most likely salary will be in $40k to $60k range? And you'll have paid $120k-$180k, either from your savings or loans, for the privilege of making such a salary?

It just seems to be an absolutely terrible economic decision, even if you practice for 10-15 years out of law school before you retire (i.e. until you're 75). Although I'm much younger than you and don't know your exact situation, it seems like law school will be a lot of stress and financial hardship for almost no returns. I would seriously reconsider.

please use some common sense

after reading this guys multiple long ass posts in the other thread, do you really think it was written by someone with the aptitude necessary to advise others on what they should do with their money, all of his posts should be stamped as Grade-A Flame

tguer1

Postby tguer1 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Hey listen president you asshole maybe I like to write that's why my posts are long. If you read my last post you would know why I don't wan to go back into the securities industry. If anybody is an A+ Flame it's you, you jerk. I made enough money to do what I want to do. Hell I retired at the age of 49 and I haven't worked in several years but I'm still driving a Porsche. What do you drive you asshole a 99 Toyota. I'm sorry if I want to go to law school and learn a new profession. I'm sorry that I have a life and two disabilities and can't score a 180 like you did. If this is the only way I can get in I'm going to do it. When I left school 35 years ago I only had a 2.52 and when I went back to finish my degree two years ago I had a 3.32 in my final six classes. I know the percentages of getting in through the aample program but I know I will do great. So go fuck yourself you little asshole.

tguer1

Postby tguer1 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Willy, If you read my last post on the other thread you would know why I don't want to go back into the industry. If you are going to put me down keep up with my posts.

tguer1

Postby tguer1 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Hey president where do you live because I'd love to meet you and pound you into the ground you asshole.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue May 08, 2012 4:53 pm

someone get rid of this guy.

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Tue May 08, 2012 4:54 pm

tguer1 wrote:Hey president where do you live because I'd love to meet you and pound you into the ground you asshole.

Did you have C&F issues that prevented you from getting in other places?

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue May 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Drjames wrote:I just got accepted to the May 2012 AAMPLE Program. I need advice on succeeding in this program. Since, I have few months to start, what can do to get ready?

Dr. James,
There is a only about a 50% chance of success through this program and you have to pay a few thousands dollars. You should really use the money that you would spend on ammple to up your LSAT score(tutoring/courses), so you can get into a better school, or at the very least go to this school with a close to full scholarship.
People are trying to help you here, buddy. DO NOT DO THIS.

Wily

Postby Wily » Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:

Dr. James,
There is a only about a 50% chance of success through this program and you have to pay a few thousands dollars. You should really use the money that you would spend on ammple to up your LSAT score(tutoring/courses), so you can get into a better school, or at the very least go to this school with a close to full scholarship.
People are trying to help you here, buddy. DO NOT DO THIS.

And if you do AAMPLE, you'll be in class with tguer1. That alone should scare you from attending.

TyrionLannister

Postby TyrionLannister » Tue May 08, 2012 5:03 pm

tguer1 wrote:Hey listen president you asshole

tguer1 wrote:So go fuck yourself you little asshole.

tguer1 wrote:Hey president where do you live because I'd love to meet you and pound you into the ground you asshole.

I think somebody could use a hug

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:04 pm

TyrionLannister wrote:
tguer1 wrote:Hey listen president you asshole

tguer1 wrote:So go fuck yourself you little asshole.

I think somebody could use a hug
And a thesaurus.

Postby 20121109 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm

tguer1 wrote:Hey listen president you asshole maybe I like to write that's why my posts are long. If you read my last post you would know why I don't wan to go back into the securities industry. If anybody is an A+ Flame it's you, you jerk. I made enough money to do what I want to do. Hell I retired at the age of 49 and I haven't worked in several years but I'm still driving a Porsche. What do you drive you asshole a 99 Toyota. I'm sorry if I want to go to law school and learn a new profession. I'm sorry that I have a life and two disabilities and can't score a 180 like you did. If this is the only way I can get in I'm going to do it. When I left school 35 years ago I only had a 2.52 and when I went back to finish my degree two years ago I had a 3.32 in my final six classes. I know the percentages of getting in through the aample program but I know I will do great. So go fuck yourself you little asshole.

tguer1, we don't tolerate these kind of attacks in on-topic forums. So please, calm down or I may have to ban you for a short period. Most people on TLS really have the best intentions and are trying to warn others of the dangers of attending certain schools, even though some may articulate their views in very colorful ways. I hope you understand. I wish you the best in your law career. :)

Band A Long

Postby Band A Long » Tue May 08, 2012 5:12 pm

The majority of members in the TLS forums believe (with significant evidence) that it is generally extremely unwise to attend a program mentioned by the OP. AAMPLE usually results in sticker price at a low-ranked school, which translates into very significant, non-dischargeable debt and generally poor employment prospects compared to other schools in a profession that is already astoundingly competitive.

If one has a reason, after weighing this evidence, that they still wish to attend such a program, it is either extremely personal and subjective or factually incorrect. In either case, using such a reason to debate with members of a community that focus on getting into top law schools and maximizing a 0L applicant's ROI will be counterproductive at best (LinkRemoved).

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue May 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Band A Long wrote:The majority of members in the TLS forums believe (with significant evidence) that it is generally extremely unwise to attend a program mentioned by the OP. AAMPLE usually half of the time results in sticker price at a low-ranked school, which translates into very significant, non-dischargeable debt and generally poor employment prospects compared to other schools in a profession that is already astoundingly competitive.

If one has a reason, after weighing this evidence, that they still wish to attend such a program, it is either extremely personal and subjective or factually incorrect dumb. In either case, using such a reason to debate with members of a community that focus on getting into top law schools and maximizing a 0L applicant's ROI will be counterproductive at best (LinkRemoved).

FTFY

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”