Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
furcifer
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:20 am

I've seen the goldengirls doppelgängers from time to time. I have to ask, why? Isn't there things that need knitting? :?

Danteshek wrote:Just go to law school AFTER you retire. And for goodness sake please do not send your tuition dollars to a private equity firm
http://www.sterlingpartners.com/

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby thederangedwang » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:24 am

furcifer wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:
furcifer wrote:Stupid people rarely realize they are stupid. Congrats.

True non-aba is not always online, but it is an ABA school and others keep making unaccredited posts, and at least one refered to online(thus why responded in kind).

Not hard dude. Not hard.

your argument is kinda hard to follow....and like others have said..you suck with quote formatting

and the bolded part.... :roll:


Guess I can't get into any online colleges or down load porn like all the cool kids then, dang.

Heavy things are only heavy to those who can not lift them.
If you can't follow something that easy, it's on you.
(true about the quoting part though, new to this whole nerd forum thing, can you tell?)

lol, im not gonna get into how poor and faulty this logic/analogy is

LS2013
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:52 am

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby LS2013 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:28 am

I tend to agree with what most people have already said: you sound like a determined/genuine guy but Phoenix School of Law is still a bad idea.

Listen, you've got a great career (as does your wife). That said, if you really want to give your daughter a better life, save the money you would have spent on law school for her college education.

I wish you the best!
Last edited by LS2013 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby PDaddy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:29 am

You look like the perfect PSoL candidate to me. Students like you are the primary reason the school was created. It is a very good school for its age and was initially developed and run by a reputable former dean who came from Duke Law (Dennis Shields) as well as Michigan Law before that. He and UCI Dean Erwin Chemerinsky were both at Duke Law during the late-1990's and the early part of the first decade brainstorming on ways to improve legal education, and PSoL was one of the models they conceived. UCI will be doing some innovative things in a few years, as well.

You should go to law school and don't look back. It would appear from all that you wrote that you already know this. You don't need any "guidance". Just do it! :wink:

User avatar
furcifer
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:38 am

True, or he could just listen to all the genius 22 year olds who never had a real job or responsability their whole lives wondering what to do with their own lives and yet still trying to give out advise. Watch, people will ask how to interpret their own lsat score and then try to give life advise...... :roll: :lol:

I say unless someone has been practicing for 20 years already, their opinions are worth about as much as a random search through yahoo answers or wikipedia. It might be accurate, but even they don't really know for sure.

PDaddy wrote:You look like the perfect PSoL candidate to me. Students like you are the primary reason the school was created. It is a very good school for its age and is being run by a reputable former dean from Duke Law (Dennis Shields). He and UCI Dean Erwin Chemerinsky were both at Duke Law during the late-1990's and the early part of the first decade brainstorming on ways to improve legal education, and PSoL was one of the models they conceived. UCI will be doing some innovative things in a few years, as well.

You should go to law school and don't look back. It would appear from all that you wrote that you already know this. You don't need any "guidance". Just do it! :wink:

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:22 am

furcifer wrote:Stupid people rarely realize they are stupid. Congrats.

True non-aba is not always online, but it is an ABA school and others keep making unaccredited posts, and at least one refered to online(thus why responded in kind).

Not hard dude. Not hard.


Lol ok? That statement is correct but completely irrelevant. You were arguing (to no one) that PSoL is NOT ONLINE. You said nothing about accreditation. Remember?

People keep posting about online law schools, guys WTF it's not online. I get it, I assumed it online like UOP but it's on campus, and it ABA. The fact that she is applying to be campus police on campus should tell you there is a campus.


Also, where did you get that OP is a female? And where did you get the part about the campus police? Man, I'm seriously not trying to argue over pointless shit but I can't even understand what the hell you're trying to say.

User avatar
furcifer
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:25 am

I admittedly misread the "Pheonix PD" to mean campus and not town (power read it since it was so long, my bad)
As for the gender, why do you assume male? You assume all cops are dudes? Assume all people married to women are men? That's homophobic! What they can't adopt or be kids from past relationships?

You just keep on pigeonholeing the world there bucko......you make me sick. :x

shredderrrrrr wrote:
furcifer wrote:Stupid people rarely realize they are stupid. Congrats.

True non-aba is not always online, but it is an ABA school and others keep making unaccredited posts, and at least one refered to online(thus why responded in kind).

Not hard dude. Not hard.


Lol ok? That statement is correct but completely irrelevant. You were arguing (to no one) that PSoL is NOT ONLINE. You said nothing about accreditation. Remember?

People keep posting about online law schools, guys WTF it's not online. I get it, I assumed it online like UOP but it's on campus, and it ABA. The fact that she is applying to be campus police on campus should tell you there is a campus.


Also, where did you get that OP is a female? And where did you get the part about the campus police? Man, I'm seriously not trying to argue over pointless shit but I can't even understand what the hell you're trying to say.

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:38 am

furcifer wrote:I admittedly misread the "Pheonix PD" to mean campus and not town (power read it since it was so long, my bad)
As for the gender, why do you assume male? You assume all cops are dudes? Assume all people married to women are men? That's homophobic! What they can't adopt or be kids from past relationships?

You just keep on pigeonholeing the world there bucko......you make me sick. :x


Image

sublimejhn
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 am

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby sublimejhn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:22 am

Oh good lord, what has my post turned into?! To clear some things up, PSoL is ABA accredited, it is not affiliated with the University of Phoenix nor is it online, I am a male, I work for Phoenix police not a campus department... and yes I knew my post was going to be long when I wrote it, hence the reason I apologized beforehand!

That being said I am quite impressed with the number of responses and didn't really expect all that many people to read my post, so thanks to everyone for your time. I can see the overwhelming majority seems to agree that even in my particular situation PSoL is just not a good choice. My initial plan was to just go to law school later on when I was looking to retire anyway. I took the LSAT in June just to see how I'd do and ever since I have just been thinking more and more about it. Given the responses here I think I will just go ahead and leave it be for now and I will re-evaluate the idea again once I start nearing the end of my career (who knows, maybe ASU will have a part time program by then).

I still plan to talk with some officers on our legal unit to see what they say, and there is a law fair in Tempe on the 16th that I may just go to since I have the day off anyway. Other than that though I think I'll just go back to focusing on my current career and I'll probably shoot for a detective position as opposed to legal for the near future. If the school is going to be nothing more than a waste of my time and money it's better I know that now than 3 years into a law degree. Thanks again for the advice!

User avatar
furcifer
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:25 am

So you made your major life decision based on opinions of random strangers, many of whom who have not even taken the lsat, let alone graduate law school, pass bar and practice in the real world.

Sounds about right.

sublimejhn
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 am

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby sublimejhn » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:17 am

furcifer wrote:So you made your major life decision based on opinions of random strangers, many of whom who have not even taken the lsat, let alone graduate law school, pass bar and practice in the real world.

Sounds about right.


To be fair, from my post right above yours:

I still plan to talk with some officers on our legal unit to see what they say, and there is a law fair in Tempe on the 16th that I may just go to since I have the day off anyway.

And yes, I am definitely putting strong consideration into the opinions posted here. Is that a good choice? Possibly not, but I would assume the individuals responding on this site are a bit more educated on the matter than most people that I encounter on a daily basis. On top of that I already had concerns about the school myself, which is why I asked instead of just signing up and hoping for the best.

I should also mention that I have tried to talk to a couple attorneys about PSoL during some of my cases. The first one was a defense attorney that I talked to probably 2 years ago, and she told me her firm no longer hires graduates from PSoL because they hired a couple and they didn't work out. I still have her card because apparently she teaches classes at ASU's law school and she was willing to write me a letter of recommendation. It was very nice of her but isn't all that useful since I don't intend to go to ASU and I doubt she would even know who I am at this point now.

The other two I talked to were the prosecutor and defense attorney I had in an aggravated assault case recently. They both said they hadn't heard anything negative about the school, but at the same time didn't know anyone that had graduated from there so take that for what it's worth. So I have talked a bit to those that DO have careers in the legal community, they just didn't leave me feeling as if attending PSoL was a hands down good choice. That first defense attorney is the one that made me concerned about the school in the first place, and everyone on this site just seems to be reinforcing her sentiments.

I would like to talk to some PSoL grads and see how they are doing and what they have to say about their experiences, but unfortunately I see no easy way of doing that.

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:46 am

furcifer wrote:So you made your major life decision based on opinions of random strangers, many of whom who have not even taken the lsat, let alone graduate law school, pass bar and practice in the real world.

Sounds about right.


Dude not only have you shown yourself to be ironically dumb, you are a dick too. The OP is being perfectly reasonable. If you actually read what he says (and use that awesome analytic skill you say you have) you can see that he is looking at the issue from more than just internet advice.

OP: I think you made a wise choice and wish you the best of luck in the future! Sorry to muddy up your thread :lol:

User avatar
furcifer
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Choice can be the "smart" choice, but I still stand by the idea that anyone making life decisions based on posts others make here is not the brightest (even if not 100% applicable to the current situation)

See how I don't care what some random yahoo thinks? Pay it forward.


shredderrrrrr wrote:
furcifer wrote:So you made your major life decision based on opinions of random strangers, many of whom who have not even taken the lsat, let alone graduate law school, pass bar and practice in the real world.

Sounds about right.


Dude not only have you shown yourself to be ironically dumb, you are a dick too. The OP is being perfectly reasonable. If you actually read what he says (and use that awesome analytic skill you say you have) you can see that he is looking at the issue from more than just internet advice.

OP: I think you made a wise choice and wish you the best of luck in the future! Sorry to muddy up your thread :lol:

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby sunynp » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Congrats OP - your post has been selected by Paul Campos as worthy of discussion. TLS gets a little shout out too.

nsbane
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby nsbane » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:51 pm

sunynp wrote:Congrats OP - your post has been selected by Paul Campos as worthy of discussion. TLS gets a little shout out too.


link?

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Phoenix School of Law- And yes I am serious

Postby sunynp » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:12 pm

nsbane wrote:
sunynp wrote:Congrats OP - your post has been selected by Paul Campos as worthy of discussion. TLS gets a little shout out too.


link?


I can't link to his blog from here. It seems that when the blog was first started, it was spammed here, so now we can't link directly to the blog. I think if you google "Paul Campos blogspot " you will find it. I just tried it and it came up as the 3rd link for me. Sorry.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hellohalo, PossumFiesta and 3 guests