Can I retake LSAT after admission deposit? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
straight2point

New

Can I retake LSAT after admission deposit?

Post by straight2point » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:44 pm

I have been admitted to LS for fall 2012, however I feel I still can do better on the Lsat and perhaps receive a higher score. Can I retake the test after I have paid my seat deposit? Will this raise eyebrows at said school if I ultimately do decide to attend? Basically I'm wondering if I am allowed to secure a spot at the school I've been accepted to but also retake the Lsat in hopes of receiving a better score and eventually attending another school in the future, assuming I'd withdraw before the start of the semester. Please spare the responses advising me what to do, I don't want your advice or witty responses, I simply want an answer to my question. Is the aforementioned scenario/practice permitted by lsac?

tronredo

New

Re: Can I retake LSAT after admission deposit?

Post by tronredo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't think so.

CERTIFYING STATEMENT(LSAT ANSWER SHEET)

I certify that i am the examinee whose name appears on this answer sheet and that i am here to take the LSAT for the sole purpose of being considered for admission to law school....
straight2point wrote:I have been admitted to LS for fall 2012, however I feel I still can do better on the Lsat and perhaps receive a higher score. Can I retake the test after I have paid my seat deposit? Will this raise eyebrows at said school if I ultimately do decide to attend? Basically I'm wondering if I am allowed to secure a spot at the school I've been accepted to but also retake the Lsat in hopes of receiving a better score and eventually attending another school in the future, assuming I'd withdraw before the start of the semester. Please spare the responses advising me what to do, I don't want your advice or witty responses, I simply want an answer to my question. Is the aforementioned scenario/practice permitted by lsac?

straight2point

New

Post by straight2point » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:09 pm

I would still be taking it for consideration for admission at other schools though.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Highly frowned upon by the school you'd be submitting a seat deposit to. Why don't you just wait a year if you want to retake?

Jante05

New

Post by Jante05 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 pm

can you use the higher lsat (on your retake) as leverage for more $ from school you paid the seat deposit and intend to attend?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:20 am

You can do it, but you'll certainly want to talk with the school's admissions office.

Last year I had submitted a deposit at a school (after a lame cycle) and at the last minute I decided that I was going to retake. I called the admissions office, informed them of this decision, and they told me something basically like this:

"You don't need to withdraw blah blah blah. If you decide to retake, we will adjust scholarship money accordingly, you can still attend."

So, yes, it is possible. Be careful though, I would make sure that the school is well aware of your intentions instead of 'just taking it and not letting them know'.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”