How will law schools veiw a repeated course.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
eblees

How will law schools veiw a repeated course.

Postby eblees » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:43 am

In my first semester at my university i got a D on calc one and i had to repeat it, on my second and third semester my gpa averaged to about 3.8. how will law schools view this mark on my record. i would also like to state that my current major is Biomedical engineering.

FryBreadPower

Re: How will law schools veiw a repeated course.

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:49 am

All grades count in your GPA calculation regardless of whether or not you repeated courses.

Nate895

Postby Nate895 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:40 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:All grades count in your GPA calculation regardless of whether or not you repeated courses.

People post this all the time when it is not entirely true. Both count into your GPA if you go to a school that still has your old grade on the transcript. Check with your school's academic policies to see if they keep repeated course grades on your transcript. For instance, my UG removes the old grade and inserts an "R," which counts the same as a non-punitive "W" as far as LSAC is concerned, but my community college keeps the grade on there and only indicates on the transcript that it doesn't count for their own GPA calculations, but LSAC would still count it.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:43 pm

If this is just a transcript question and not a GPA question, I highly doubt they look closely at the transcripts.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”