Updating resume -- should I, and how?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
seahawk32

Updating resume -- should I, and how?

Postby seahawk32 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 pm

If so, how should I do it? Sending an entirely new resume seems cumbersome and I sense that adcoms may overlook the addition unless I drew their attention to it through formatting. Other options?

Finally, should I send the update only to schools I haven't heard from, or should I also send the update to schools where I've been accepted (increased scholly leverage, etc.)?
Last edited by seahawk32 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gaud

Re: Updating resume -- should I, and how?

Postby gaud » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:36 pm

When I landed a new gig (managing a non-profit) I sent it to the admissions offices via email and it was recieved well by every school. I didn't tell them about the new job in the email, just attached my updated resume.

Send it to all of them, what's to lose?

seahawk32

Postby seahawk32 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:40 pm

gaud wrote:When I landed a new gig (managing a non-profit) I sent it to the admissions offices via email and it was recieved well by every school. I didn't tell them about the new job in the email, just attached my updated resume.

There's really nothing to lose, but do I stand to gain anything? Your soft is imo more impressive.

gaud

Postby gaud » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:59 pm

seahawk32 wrote:
gaud wrote:When I landed a new gig (managing a non-profit) I sent it to the admissions offices via email and it was recieved well by every school. I didn't tell them about the new job in the email, just attached my updated resume.

There's really nothing to lose, but do I stand to gain anything? Your soft is imo more impressive.

I think you certainly do stand to gain if you're borderline. How do you know that they aren't sitting there, comparing you with another applicant who has one additional soft than you, saying "If only seahawk32 had something else, we would accept them." C'mon man, just send it lol.

seahawk32

Postby seahawk32 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:44 am

Sounds good

lawhaus

Postby lawhaus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Did you mail in a hard copy?
I read on some law school's admission FAQ page that they do not download attachments from e-mails. True?

gaud

Postby gaud » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 pm

lawhaus wrote:Did you mail in a hard copy?
I read on some law school's admission FAQ page that they do not download attachments from e-mails. True?

That may be true for some schools, but I know for certain that other schools do. (Cornell, for one lol)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”