Accepted / Retake LSAT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Jante05

Accepted / Retake LSAT

Postby Jante05 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:43 pm

This may be a stupid question but if you get accepted at your dream ls w/ no scholly, retake June and score outside the 75% range lsat can you negotiate $$$ or should you drop from t1 school and wait for next cycle?

NomNom

Re: Accepted / Retake LSAT

Postby NomNom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:25 am

Do no quote me on this, but I believe that would be considered reapplying - you would have to wait until next cycle.

If this were a viable option, you'd have tons of people retaking the LSAT during their cycle to boost scholarships.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 pm

It is a viable option and people have done it successfully. Of course at that point your only leverage is that you will forego law school for a year and re-apply to better schools during the following cycle.

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:It is a viable option and people have done it successfully. Of course at that point your only leverage is that you will forego law school for a year and re-apply to better schools during the following cycle.

OP, Tiago has a good point

I know from personal experience that some schools are certainly willing to adjust schollys accordingly if you recieve a higher score, so it's possible. Just email the admissions office and ask them.

Jante05

Postby Jante05 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks everyone. I will send out an email to admissions, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”