Application on Hold Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Quan292

Bronze

Application on Hold Question

Post by Quan292 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:47 pm

okay so I got an email yesterday saying that my application will be on hold until i sent in transcripts from one school that I had listed as an financial obligation with lsac. She said they wont look at my app until the transcript is in.
My question is, is this a good sign? they could have just denied me if I had no chance. The transcript is only for one semester and its not like it is going to affect my gpa much. (it is actually only about .03 lower than my lsac gpa). So should I take this as a good sign? or it just a formality before I get a rejection notice.
Also should I send them my unofficial first right now or wait for my official to clear with lsac?

bigeast03

Bronze

Re: Application on Hold Question

Post by bigeast03 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Quan292 wrote:okay so I got an email yesterday saying that my application will be on hold until i sent in transcripts from one school that I had listed as an financial obligation with lsac. She said they wont look at my app until the transcript is in.
My question is, is this a good sign? they could have just denied me if I had no chance. The transcript is only for one semester and its not like it is going to affect my gpa much. (it is actually only about .03 lower than my lsac gpa). So should I take this as a good sign? or it just a formality before I get a rejection notice.
Also should I send them my unofficial first right now or wait for my official to clear with lsac?
I don't think you can take it as a sign either way, honestly. Also, I would obviously work on getting your official transcript cleared through LSAC as soon as possible, and I don't think they'll begin reviewing your file until they get the official one, but it can't hurt to fax an unofficial copy if you so choose.

Quan292

Bronze

Post by Quan292 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:03 pm

bigeast03 wrote:
Quan292 wrote:okay so I got an email yesterday saying that my application will be on hold until i sent in transcripts from one school that I had listed as an financial obligation with lsac. She said they wont look at my app until the transcript is in.
I don't think you can take it as a sign either way, honestly. Also, I would obviously work on getting your official transcript cleared through LSAC as soon as possible, and I don't think they'll begin reviewing your file until they get the official one, but it can't hurt to fax an unofficial copy if you so choose.
Yea I was thinking that. I was under review for about a week before the email so I was hoping that it might be a good sign but I guess not.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:18 am

Quan292 wrote: Yea I was thinking that. I was under review for about a week before the email so I was hoping that it might be a good sign but I guess not.
Your file going 'under review' is more of an administrative note that someone puts on your file after they pick it up and hand it off to those who will review it. Then, it takes a few days to make the rounds and have someone actually take an in-depth look at it.

So I would say that it's just a request to finish your file, and you shouldn't read anything into it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”